Peer pressure to drink alcohol

Why is there so much pressure to drink just to have a good time?

I am not teetotal, I will have a couple of drinks, but I'm just not bothered about getting drunk. Usually I drive home anyway so I don't drink.

I can have a good night out without being drunk, I enjoy spending time with my friends and talking with them, I don't need alcohol to do that.

It seems like every week someone tells me I need to get drunk, that I will enjoy myself more.

I don't tell them not to drink, so why do they have to pressurise me to drink?

Why is there so much pressure to drink just to have a good time?

I am not teetotal, I will have a couple of drinks, but I'm just not bothered about getting drunk. Usually I drive home anyway so I don't drink.

I can have a good night out without being drunk, I enjoy spending time with my friends and talking with them, I don't need alcohol to do that.

It seems like every week someone tells me I need to get drunk, that I will enjoy myself more.

I don't tell them not to drink, so why do they have to pressurise me to drink?

It is the British Culture, I imagine in many years it will move on but for the foreseeable future it will be seen as the norm by most to have to have a drink to really enjoy themselves.

It is the British Culture, I imagine in many years it will move on but for the foreseeable future it will be seen as the norm by most to have to have a drink to really enjoy themselves.

+1

It's seen as a British thing :D

Those who thought opening up pubs 24 hours a day would be a good idea, citing the more civilised drinking culture on the continent are, quite frankly, either a bunch of morons or must work for the breweries.

x

I have the same problem, i hardly ever drink alcohol and then its only the odd guiness, people seem to think that to have a good time you need to drink and if you don't then you are fridgid or boring which is not the case.

I just sont like the feeling being drunk gives me and it takes me three days to recover :(

Tell them you're driving - then only have soft drinks....

If you're the only one that's sober, you'll be able to tell everyone the next day, what they actually did at the party / pub

That's what they're afraid of :nod::nod::blush:

If I tell people I'm driving they expect a lift lol, I'm not a taxi driver!

Archived