Every Football Ground

BoppinBruce

I am a Luton Town supporter. I spent my childhood and youth there so I still feel part of the club.

In the 70s the Hatters went from the old Div 4 to Div 1 and back to Div 4 in 9 seasons. I went to every away game and taking into account cup matches I stood on every ground and not only that, I stood on every ground and watched my team play.

Of course there are new teams now and new grounds I have not visited but in those 10 years I could say that I had done that.

Can anybody, no matter what sport, boast anything similar?

Best I can do is 42 grounds to see football. Better make that 43 (Zounds! I thought I'd forgotten that trip to Port Vale!).

I think there's a website with pictures of football grounds - possibly "homes of football dot something". Last time I looked, I was on one of his pictures.

I'd forgotten Springfield Park... 44!

Pause while I check on the pools coupon. Which team play at "No publicity requested"? There's one for your quiz questions, Bopp.

Been doing the same watching Sheff Utd, and its quality mate!!!

What an achievement mate!!!!!!

What would you class as you worst and best????

Worst:- Millmoor - Rotherham United - Shocking ground with no proper food or toilet facilities!!!

Best:- Millenium stadium - What a ground, everything is spot on, the only grumble i could have is the prices inside!!!

I've gone from watching the mighty Owls in the Premiership, down to League 1 (as it's called now). Visited about 50 league grounds so far.

Although the money I spend has got me into some sh*t with my g/f....

Best ground: Old Trafford - superb!:thumbsup:

Worst ground: Saltergate - non-league standard :shakes:

Check out this website http://www.footballgroundguide.co.uk/[/url]

Well, for what it's worth ......

Best - Molineaux, if you ignore most of the 'fans'.

Worst - Belle Vue, if ever a ground were misnamed it's that pit.

Coldest - Victoria Ground, Hartlepool, Arctic doesn't get close

Prettiest - Gay Meadow, sorry, but if nothing else Shrewsbury is a great place to get hammered!

Most disappointing - Old Trafford, I have never liked that monolith

Most impressive newcomer - Reebok Stadium, Jesus leg room on the away end!

Most bizarre - Hampden Park, Queen's Park v Cowdenbeath in front of a few old men and a dog ...... and me ....... in a stadium which once held 130000 odd for a match umpteen years ago .....

UP THE BLADES :clap:

Hallam's a nice little ground... I actually prefer non league grounds to "League grounds" purely for the rawness and the "true" fans! :clap: You've not been to a Football match until you've stood on a terrace in the middle of January with one man & his dog, watching two non-league sides busting a gut for 90 minutes :thumbsup:

Been to:

Accrington Stanley - Crown Ground

Hallam FC - Sandygate Road

Sheffield FC - Coach & Horses

Boston United - York Street (Whilst they were in the conference)

York City - Bootham Crescent

Stocksbridge Park Steels - Bracken Moor

Skegness Town - ???

I've been to more but they escape me right now.

Go support your local non-league club!!! :thumbsup:

Archived