Myhermes / interparcel

Oh and by the way none of the items ordered actually originate from any sheffield company so have to be transported from hubs usually at the other end of the country and then when these companies have taken your money and put the order through, usually through a third party who actually despatch the items or not will always tell you it is no fault of theirs that your order has not arrived but always ensure they have a scapegoat to keep you off their backs.

Well people would not presume they are going to pick the products from Sheffield shops and deliver them, that's what warehouses are for, parcels, depending on the courier, are taking to a main sorting hub then loaded onto vans for delivery across the country, I know, I deal with couriers as part of my job.

Just for fun, did you know that DHL delivered 940,000 parcels on Thursday? and Tuffnells are currently having no backlog at the moment?

If you need anymore information playman, just let me know.

well DHL may well have delivered 940,000 parcels on thursday but does that include actually delivering them to couriers or actually delivering to premises ? a lot of couriers work for several delivery companies and they all have had problems either recieving their parcels or actually delivering them, oh and by the way my job is at a parcel depot where the couriers collect their parcels and i know for a fact what the problems are/were, our depot opened every day through the bad weather and were in constant contact with the courier companies being updated about the delays and problems and the instructions being issued to the couriers and when they might receive any deliveries.

well seeing as we do not have a toys r us or a debenhams in sheffield then you will have to depend on some poor person having to trudge through snow & freezing weather using their own transport and getting paid a pittance for delivering the said items so someone can sit at home and criticize them for not getting through with the order they could not be bothered to collect themselves.

I'm not criticizing any driver, however I will criticize a large company that uses self employed people to deliver large items in their own car! my sons bike was sat with someone who couldn't deliver it! and has taken them a further 11 days to unload it onto someone else! we had a few days of snow, a few days of ice, I understand the perils delivery drivers face, but come on, it's stupid now. We are willing to go pick up our parcel but stupid custmoer service won't tell us anything! :loopy:

It's totally ridiculous. I've got a bunch of packages still here - booked last weekend, and there's only five working days to Christmas!

I'm starting to get really annoyed about this. I've never known a season like it where you can't even get your parcels collected!

well seeing as we do not have a toys r us or a debenhams in sheffield then you will have to depend on some poor person having to trudge through snow & freezing weather using their own transport and getting paid a pittance for delivering the said items so someone can sit at home and criticize them for not getting through with the order they could not be bothered to collect themselves.

get another job then

• 3 months later...

It's the customer service for lost parcels. They're just useless...

Although I have found their service generally to be better than HDN. But the guy who comes around to collect parcels comes in a little white van (which seems odd compared to the huge vans with logos from other couriers).

• 9 months later...

Archived