Worst and best Football ground in uk?????

matt1889

Ive done loads of football grounds in my time watching the blades, but which ground in the uk do you class as the Worst/Best????

Worst:-

Gotta be Millmoor, Rotherham United should be ashamed, no proper facilities ie food, toilets, and everythings rusty/broken.

In fact tavistock towns ground is far better, lol

Best:-

Took some thinking here, but Millenium Stadium just nudged over the old Webley, just because the ground itself is breathtaking!! Facilities are spot on, you can get top notch food and even take a leak in good surroundings!!!!!!! The only grumble id have is the prices inside!

According to my Hubby, Molineux, is hallowed ground, and its not bad from the ladies point of view either, plenty of loos, seats well spaced so that you can see over the head of that lanky bloke sat right in front of you! Shame their players are so ugly tho - and the football isn't much to celebrate most of the time - But you can't have everything!

Vanessa

Probably the most disappointing ground was the old Wembley. Only been the once (cup SF) but I'd seen it on the telly and it looked huge. I couldn't believe how small it was on the inside, the "seats" were bits of plastic on a concrete base (like a stool) and how they used to cram 100,000 into there before it was all-seater I will never know. Incidently, the stewards confiscated the stick off my flag on entry, and then I found flag sellers selling flags with, you guessed it, sticks in them, after we got through the turnstyles !!!

Good day out, crap result, but most memorable moment was when someone started the chant "We all hate L..ds and L..ds (etc). Unsure of which part of the ground it started from, but it ain't half loud when 75,000 are chanting it !!!

Im gonna second the worse ground... it has to be the old wembley... total let down.. when you see it on tv on cup final day you think great, its massive all the glamor and hipe... it was over rated...

& i agree about, The Millenium Stadium...

its the best stadium ive been to, ive been 3 times (rugby/football) and i dont think theres a bad seat in the place great view..the Facilities are good.

Top place.:thumbsup:

(vjpearson) According to my Hubby, Molineux, is hallowed ground, yep it does look like a grave yard... very out dated..

:hihi:

For me the worst ground ever is Bloomfield Road (Blackpool) as an away supporter on the coldest day ever, stood on a wobbly stand in near hurricane force winds, got hail lashing into my face, wore 6 layers of clothing but still froze as there is no shelter above your head. Got followed into portacabin toilets by Lancashire stewards to check what we were up to (not allowed to stand in at half time to get warm) had to queue at a caravan for half an hour to get a warm drink ............. sorry moaning but it was terrible!

The best for me was the Nou Camp (Barcelona) - amazing atmosphere and size, Millenium Stadium was fantastic too, not seen it with the roof closed though!

Blackpool is a funny one, as it is in the process of being re-built (although slowly), so it will probably be OK when it gets finished. I remember when Blades used to go there many moons ago, it was one of the "Must Go" away matches, but you needed to go by train, and make it a PROPER away fixture, ie all weekend.

Originally posted by davep

Blackpool is a funny one, as it is in the process of being re-built (although slowly), so it will probably be OK when it gets finished. I remember when Blades used to go there many moons ago, it was one of the "Must Go" away matches, but you needed to go by train, and make it a PROPER away fixture, ie all weekend.

Spot on:thumbsup:

I went in 1988 when we won 2-1.

I got so blitzed before the game that I can't actually remember much of the game itself.

A top day out. It was around October too but lovely sunshine.

Originally posted by davep

Blackpool is a funny one, as it is in the process of being re-built (although slowly), so it will probably be OK when it gets finished. I remember when Blades used to go there many moons ago, it was one of the "Must Go" away matches, but you needed to go by train, and make it a PROPER away fixture, ie all weekend. [/quote

Yes the completed stands looked pretty good, will agree with you there, very good night out too!!!

Archived