General strike illegal?

So I shouldnt pay Royal Mail for postage next time they are on strike then? Or pay for the Tube when the RMT whine and have yet another strike?

Thats true. If the mail is on strike don't post letters in protest. If the Tube isn't running stop using the underground trains. That'll show them.

Rather by definition, the elected government has the support of the people. That's how a democracy works. If we hadn't supported their plans we would not have voted them into power.

If only life were that simple. Things change very fast in politics, a week is a long time and years an eternity. The current government was not voted in by the people. The people actually said they had no clear view since they all appeared duff.

Oh I agree that it wouldn't work due to the various clauses against sympathy strikes that are rightly enforced, I was just wondering if there was somehting that specifically said no general strikes. I should have worded the question better I guess. Thanks for the reply.

You mean wrongly enforced. And by the way they never have been enforced ever.

If only life were that simple. Things change very fast in politics, a week is a long time and years an eternity. The current government was not voted in by the people.

Yes they were. I remember the election vividly; it was less than a year ago. The people voted, MPs were returned, and the only group large enough to form a working majority was a Liberal/Conservative coalition.

Yes they were. I remember the election vividly; it was less than a year ago. The people voted, MPs were returned, and the only group large enough to form a working majority was a Liberal/Conservative coalition.

The majority voted other than the Tories and other than the Libs and them two are only badly forced together by circumstance.

Why would everyone want to go on strike. Don't imagine that just because a load of loud mouths on here and elsewhere are shouting off and a few students are causing riots that they are somehow in the majority.

I'm perfectly content and have no reason to go on strike. All I see is a government trying to clear up a financial melt down that happened under the last government. That's what the current government was elected to do and it might cause a bit of pain on the way. The alternative is to go the way of Greece and Ireland. That's the point. Folks can protest about the poll tax with some hope of change, but when the country is verging on bankrupcy the only alternatives are the folks making the cut backs, regadless of what the current opposition might want to claim.

A) we are following in the footsteps of Ireland and our fiscal policy is doing everything it can to reproduce those problems.

http://falseeconomy.org.uk/blog/will-the-cuts-work-just-look-at-ireland

B) Those that caused the financial mess and benefited are not those that are paying for it. It is the poor and middle incomes who benefited least if at all out of the boom years that are being asked to pay it. The Govt. is playing class politics making the poor pay for the extravagance and poor decisions made by the rich.

The vast bulk of society are the losers and as the austerity measures kick in and they wonder why bankers are still getting their huge bonuses and the rich continue to avoid their taxes there will be an inevitable reaction. A reaction cause by the politics of class played out by the rich on the poor and those on middle incomes.

Watch this for a simple explanation of the fallacy of composition that is being used to sell us this garbage.

http://falseeconomy.org.uk/blog/video-a-brilliant-demolition-of-osbornes-austerity-economics

A) we are following in the footsteps of Ireland and our fiscal policy is doing everything it can to reproduce those problems.

http://falseeconomy.org.uk/blog/will-the-cuts-work-just-look-at-ireland

B) Those that caused the financial mess and benefited are not those that are paying for it. It is the poor and middle incomes who benefited least if at all out of the boom years that are being asked to pay it. The Govt. is playing class politics making the poor pay for the extravagance and poor decisions made by the rich.

The vast bulk of society are the losers and as the austerity measures kick in and they wonder why bankers are still getting their huge bonuses and the rich continue to avoid their taxes there will be an inevitable reaction. A reaction cause by the politics of class played out by the rich on the poor and those on middle incomes.

Watch this for a simple explanation of the fallacy of composition that is being used to sell us this garbage.

http://falseeconomy.org.uk/blog/video-a-brilliant-demolition-of-osbornes-austerity-economics

Ah the famous Wildcat left wing blog site quotes. It is very odd that you will rubbish any article written in the telegraph or Times and yet source your own version of truth from left wing propoganda blogs. You really should try to do better. Or perhaps you have and this is the best you could come up with.

The majority voted other than the Tories and other than the Libs and them two are only badly forced together by circumstance.

Interestingly enough for the first time in a decade we have a government that was voted in by a majority of the electorate. The Tory party alone received about as many votes as the Last Labour administration.

Ah the famous Wildcat left wing blog site quotes. It is very odd that you will rubbish any article written in the telegraph or Times and yet source your own version of truth from left wing propoganda blogs. You really should try to do better. Or perhaps you have and this is the best you could come up with.

What else would expect from someone that considers striking is best conducted with the brick and with fear and intimidation?

Archived