General strike illegal?

About 70 million as far as I know, but you'll not be laughing when the miners come out on strike and you're freezing your watsits off over Christmas because you haven't any coal for your fire.

dont use coal...got a wind farm in the garden...so if all the 6 million went on strike...the rest of the country could have their jobs....hope the bar staff and the curry house and the taxis dont walk out....then that would bring the country to its knees...in the meantime its mad friday and everyones going too get slaughtered...hic hic

dont use coal...got a wind farm in the garden...so if all the 6 million went on strike...the rest of the country could have their jobs....hope the bar staff and the curry house and the taxis dont walk out....then that would bring the country to its knees...in the meantime its mad friday and everyones going too get slaughtered...hic hic

As titanic never tires of telling us the property prices spiralled under the last government. Many trade unionists cannot afford a strike as they have massive negative equity and huge mortgage repayments to make. There are still folk around who think Arthur Scargill did the miners a great service, but those that remain in the industry know that if they went on strike there is enough coal being imported for it to make no difference.

Mad Friday indeed. It's a sound plan. I'm going to down tools immediately and withdraw my labour until further notice.:D

As titanic never tires of telling us the property prices spiralled under the last government. Many trade unionists cannot afford a strike as they have massive negative equity and huge mortgage repayments to make. There are still folk around who think Arthur Scargill did the miners a great service, but those that remain in the industry know that if they went on strike there is enough coal being imported for it to make no difference.

Mad Friday indeed. It's a sound plan. I'm going to down tools immediately and withdraw my labour until further notice.:D

see they missed the boat when maggie gave all the working class cut price houses....now most of the oldies live rent free and swan off to benidorm for three months in january...and with the pension paid into the bank...they love it....then bring all the cheap fags back to pay for the next beano...we call them the blue rinse mafia.....happy days

A character I imagine you are very much like. What I have noticed over the years is the pro strike people are quite cheerful in outlook and it's those against it who are the bitter angry ones, you are evidence of that.

In the meantime you never answered whether you were a pacifist or not. If not then you are a hypocrite for whining about intimidation being wrong when you evidently support it.

You couldnt be further from the truth - I have an excellent thriving business, a full order book, and best of all we have a decent Govt in. The fact it makes the loony left whine and squeal like it's Armageddon is just the icing on the cake :-)

You couldnt be further from the truth - I have an excellent thriving business, a full order book, and best of all we have a decent Govt in. The fact it makes the loony left whine and squeal like it's Armageddon is just the icing on the cake :-)

I'm sure your business if it exists is wonderful, considering the amount of time you spend on here I'm amazed you have any time to run a business.

You have avoided my question so I will conclude you are a hypocrite. Someone who cries intimidation yet supports wars.:loopy:

Interestingly enough for the first time in a decade we have a government that was voted in by a majority of the electorate. The Tory party alone received about as many votes as the Last Labour administration.

Did the Tories get the votes of over 50% of the electorate?

No, so the majority of the electorate voted against them.

How can this be a government voted in by a majority?

Archived