General strike illegal?

Your question is of the "Are you being sexist or racist?" sort of thing. Union thuggery and international wars are two different things - I credited someone who supposed writes doctoral thesis with more intelligence than you exhibit. My mistake.

The principle is exactly the same, using intimidation and or violence to achieve political ends. You seem to think only the state has a monopoly on doing this! Naive in the extreme. And the fact Wildcat never said it was good your house was bricked but you continue to 'quote' this against him shows how dishonest you are. A very tabloid style of argument. I wonder why that is?

As for your convenient pigeonholing of everyone as a leftie who does not agree with you, others on here have accused me of being right wing and unsympathetic to the poor! e.g. over benefits. I guess as I irritate both sides I must be a more balanced individual.

And they still didn't get over 50% of the electorate -they did NOT get a majority.

still got the power though....and that's what counts....nothing in this life for coming second....mind you have you seen how rammed the boozers are....money to burn this country...money to burn

And they still didn't get over 50% of the electorate -they did NOT get a majority.

They certainly have a better mandate than anyone else as they won the general election in the prescribed manner.

When Labour won the 2005 election they received 35.2% of votes cast, a total of 9552436 votes

At the 2010 election the Tories received 36.1% of votes cast, a total of 10692131 votes.

On top of that their coalition partners received 23% of the votes cast, a total of 6822741 votes.

So not only did the Tories obtain a bigger share of the vote than Labour in 2005, they also went into coalition with another party representing 58.2% of voters.

I've not heard of another election being held since, and as no band of thugs or anarchists holds a better mandate than the elected government it seems that they govern by popular consent.

They certainly have a better mandate than anyone else as they won the general election in the prescribed manner.

When Labour won the 2005 election they received 35.2% of votes cast, a total of 9552436 votes

At the 2010 election the Tories received 36.1% of votes cast, a total of 10692131 votes.

On top of that their coalition partners received 23% of the votes cast, a total of 6822741 votes.

So not only did the Tories obtain a bigger share of the vote than Labour in 2005, they also went into coalition with another party representing 58.2% of voters.

I've not heard of another election being held since, and as no band of thugs or anarchists holds a better mandate than the elected government it seems that they govern by popular consent.

Which means that 63.9% didn't want the Tories - and 77% didn't want the Lib-Dems.

Not much of a mandate by popular consent.

Bear in mind also, as Mr Prime points out, that the best they could do, was to only just top Labours worst figures, after Labour had taken us into illegal and unnecessary wars, left us in massive debt and denied us the referendum on Europe.

Which means that 63.9% didn't want the Tories - and 77% didn't want the Lib-Dems.

Not much of a mandate by popular consent.

Bear in mind also, as Mr Prime points out, that the best they could do, was to only just top Labours worst figures, after Labour had taken us into illegal and unnecessary wars, left us in massive debt and denied us the referendum on Europe.

Between them they still got nearly 60% of the vote, which is a substanial mandate.

Archived