What makes a gentleman?

WHAT IS THE CHAP?

The Chap takes a wry look at the modern world through the steamed-up monocle of a more refined age, occasionally getting its sock suspenders into a twist at the unspeakable vulgarity of the twenty-first century.

Since 1999, the Chap has been championing the rights of that increasingly marginalised and discredited species of Englishman - the gentleman. The Chap believes that a society without courteous behaviour and proper headwear is a society on the brink of moral and sartorial collapse, and it seeks to reinstate such outmoded but indispensable gestures as hat doffing, giving up one's seat to a lady and regularly using a trouser press.

I'm off to buy a bowler hat, been wanting one for some time now!

The defining qualities aren't in his interaction with women; they're in his interaction with others.

Exhibiting the basics of considerate and polite public behaviour and social etiquette is often no more than superficial gloss, especially if that behaviour is only on display for women. Treating others with consideration and respect, without arrogance and ostentation, is the mark of a gentleman.

gentleman are rare these days

my idea would be.......respectful, truthful, thoughtful, considerate, caring

but not soft..........got to be strong person, witty, intelligent, but not too brainy :D.........

oh and sexy...........to me anyway :)

Archived