Wishing Merry Christmas to Hindus/Muslims/Jews?

Would you?

I mean those at work, in the office, do you wish them happy Christmas? Do you get them a secret Santa? Do you write them a card?

Just interested to know because I'm not clued up on the etiquette of this.

I mean I'd say most people now days see Christmas as a festival which doesn't much concern religion anyway so, what to do?

I see Christmas as a giving celebration rather than receiving. I don't and I've never thought of Christmas as a religious event, but that doesn't stop me sending the odd card to people close. It's also for me a time to chill for a while knowing that the vast majority are doing the same, although that's becoming less frequent these days...more's the pity really. I have friends of many faiths who send me wishes or cards...I don't question their motives, that would somehow lack style.

Would you?

I mean those at work, in the office, do you wish them happy Christmas? Do you get them a secret Santa? Do you write them a card?

Just interested to know because I'm not clued up on the etiquette of this.

I mean I'd say most people now days see Christmas as a festival which doesn't much concern religion anyway so, what to do?

Yes to all of the above. Nothing wrong with wishing well to others regardless of their religion. When the Muslims in our office are celebrating Eid, some of them bring in some fantastic Asian food.

Archived