Wishing Merry Christmas to Hindus/Muslims/Jews?

There are some people who are so aggressively Muslim/Jewish/Hindu/Jehovah's Witness/etc., that they would take offence at anyone "imposing Christmas on them" by sending them a card, saying Happy Christmas in the street, or such like. I've had the good fortune never to meet one; I don't think there are very many.

The vast, vast majority of people of those faiths would simply smile, say "thank you" and pass on. Consequently I have no qualms about sending a Christmas card to a person of unknown religion in case they happen to be, say, Muslim.

Still, if I know them to be Muslim, I would first ask if they object to being sent a Christmas card, and if not, I'd pick one that had no religious significance - a picture of a robin on a snowy branch, or some such. We did have a Jehovah's Witness where I once worked, who preferred not to get Christmas cards; so I did not send one to her.

I've had a few people say to me "Happy Holidays" - to which the reply is a bemused look and "Thank you, but I'm not going on holiday; I'm staying at home for Christmas".

Happy holidays Fartown.;) I'm sure you're going to have at least a few days holiday away from work.:)

I reckon quite a few muslim families do Christmas to some extent. They always advertise halal turkeys and capons in Rehmans halal butchers on Abbeydale Road, the one opposite the Broadfield pub.

Which is a pretty good indicator that integration/tolerance isn't as lacking as some would suggest?

Archived