Wishing Merry Christmas to Hindus/Muslims/Jews?

I'm a muslim ... and respect other faiths as many religions are linked in some way or the other ... Although i do not celebrate christmas .... I love the Christmas feeling! Stalls in the city centre, Lights (although a waste of electricity!) the whole atmosphere ... and then there's the tv christmas specials ... love them!!

Apart from all that, i do send my neighbour a christmas card out of respect for them, plus they are old, so it's a nice gesture. I recieve one from them too!

So have a Happy Christmas to those who are celebrating ... !

Which is a pretty good indicator that integration/tolerance isn't as lacking as some would suggest?

I suspect it might be a tradition that was started when the British were in India (which included modern day Pakistan and Bangladesh).

I don't think Muslims from other areas do Christmas. And Muslims care to comment?

Last Christmas one of my Muslim colleagues was talking about the Christmas tree they always had in his home when he was growing up. And I used to work in a very multicultural team who all joined in with secret santa!

Yet years ago, I had several colleagues who were Jehovah's witnesses, and they opted out of anything to do with Christmas. No one minded, or even commented negatively, so if someone opts out now, why should anyone mind?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to anyone who reads this! :partyhat::love::partyhat:

Archived