Wishing Merry Christmas to Hindus/Muslims/Jews?

I see christmas as a cultural event, rather than a religious festival; seeing as the majority of people celebrating it are not religious. Therefore I will participate and buy gifts etc.... this is the country we live in and christmas is a tradition here and I respect that.

I wish a merry Christmas to all our muslim friends. Hope santa brings you lots of prezzies you lots of prezzies and you have a fanstic time slobbing around all day on the settee drinking beer. Don't forget to put the decorations up

I suspect it might be a tradition that was started when the British were in India (which included modern day Pakistan and Bangladesh).

I don't think Muslims from other areas do Christmas. And Muslims care to comment?

Our neighbours (Yemeni) have swapped cards and prezzies with us for the last twenty years and they always have a big family do on Christmas Day (about the only day they have when someone isn't at work).

As someone from a mixed Christian/Jewish background, Jews are happy to accept 'Season's Greetings' or 'Happy Holidays' as is often the term used in America; remember the minor Jewish festival of Chanukah, which also involves present-giving, occurs at this time of year.

It's a busy day for all religions today (Christmas Eve), with midnight Mass and evening church services, the start of the Jewish Shabbat, and also the Muslim Holy Day, so Happy Christmas/Chanukah/Eid to all...

I would imagine even though they dont recognize a son of God and therefore Christmas is a non existent celebration they would recognise the thought behind the offer,iv seen the phrase "happy Eid on non muslim majority forums and no one seems to mind so why should Muslims mind when someone is greeting them in a civil manner.

Archived