Who Doesnt Like Christmas ?

Go on , own up, are you like me, and pretend to like to Christmas but you really dont ?

I don't even pretend.

I think it's an evil time of year, truly evil. Ostensibly a Christian religious festival, the reality is hyperthyroidic materialistic consumerist orgy of greed, gluttony and hypocrisy. The indebted are encouraged to get even further into debt in order to buy shiny imported Chinese tat that they don't really need while the supposed "true" meaning of Christmas is all but ignored.

00:01 AM on Boxing Day morning is the best time of year for me.

It's the longest possible time until next flippin' Christmas.

I make no pretence of hiding my dislike for all things Xmas related.

If people actually celebrated the birth of Christ then I'd be more accepting of the season, however, it's a foul jamboree of gluttony, consumerism, greed, fake bonhomie, alcoholism & debt. You see folk battling around the supermarkets and shops because they must get 500 bottles of beer in and little Johnny's latest GoGo hamster and for what?

The season of goodwill is corrupted as Peter Mandelson's morality, All the more reason for ignoring it.

I don't even pretend.

I think it's an evil time of year, truly evil. Ostensibly a Christian religious festival, the reality is hyperthyroidic materialistic consumerist orgy of greed, gluttony and hypocrisy. The indebted are encouraged to get even further into debt in order to buy shiny imported Chinese tat that they don't really need while the supposed "true" meaning of Christmas is all but ignored.

You moved onto grumpy adulthood. Now you have to buy the pressies instead of receiving them. Aw diddums. :hihi:

No tree and no trimmings for me. I won't be shopping for anything particularly special food wise. What is all the mass buying about? The shops are closed for two days! I will enjoy the time off work and the chance to reflect on stuff.

Otherwise, it's pretty much consumerism and conditioning gone mad and people fall for it every year. Birth of Jesus or an opportunity to hit sales targets?

I make no pretence of hiding my dislike for all things Xmas related.

If people actually celebrated the birth of Christ then I'd be more accepting of the season, however, it's a foul jamboree of gluttony, consumerism, greed, fake bonhomie, alcoholism & debt. You see folk battling around the supermarkets and shops because they must get 500 bottles of beer in and little Johnny's latest GoGo hamster and for what?

The season of goodwill is corrupted as Peter Mandelson's morality, All the more reason for ignoring it.

How I agree with this post !

I don't even pretend.

Does Sheffield Forum have a LIKE button :)

Archived