Memories of The City School - Stradbroke Road

msbehavin

• 2 months later...

Just heard through my daughter that Mr Kita died in Feb and that Neville Chatterton isnt well at the moment.

Someone said earlier about Mrs Rigby dying she was a teacher at Stradbroke school was Miss Wyman before marring Mr Rigby who was also a teacher at Stradbroke School in late 70s.

I attended City 1979-1983 and was in Mr Kitas form.

I remember

Mr and Mrs Brown-History

Miss Cecila Kitson-Art

Miss Fenton -PE Teacher and the other woman was Kath someone who married Mr Green-science Teacher.

Mr and Mrs Ward-science

Miss Monica whelpdale and Miss Beasley-English

I enjoyed the annual trips on the Norfolk Broads and Hayfield Farm.

Left there in 1986. Does anyone remember the science teacher with the mad hair and glasses ?(not many liked him very much) I can't remember his name. Some teachers are still there inc Mr Tingle and Miss Jackson.

mr.tingle and mrs.jackson have since left in 2006 or 2007

I must be the oldest on here, having left City GRAMMAR in 1972 - yes and i still breathing. My sons think i born just after wheel invented!! maybe they correct. i remember Sanderson, Tingle, Brown, Miss Whitham who married Mr Ward, and Mr Paulson (Poulson?) - came across him years later, teaching one of my sons at King Edwards. He retired just after - must have been the effect of bumping back into me!!! bless

Left City Grammar in 67, so can beat you there redwine

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow ! Reading these post has the memories flooding back....I went to City from 1980 - 1985 - the last 2 years in the 6th form.

RIP - Bob Parsonage - He was my old form tutor......A truly nice bloke....Taught German when he wasn't keeping an eye on us trying to nick his fags !

RIP Anne Rigby.....I kept in touch with her long after she left City and moved to Scotland...a truly sad loss.......a great person and friend

Wow ! Reading these post has the memories flooding back....I went to City from 1980 - 1985 - the last 2 years in the 6th form.

RIP - Bob Parsonage - He was my old form tutor......A truly nice bloke....Taught German when he wasn't keeping an eye on us trying to nick his fags !

RIP Anne Rigby.....I kept in touch with her long after she left City and moved to Scotland...a truly sad loss.......a great person and friend

you was probably in my year x loved that place