Recommend me a pub/bar full of..ahem.. "character"

Miss M

Ok, I will explain. Looking for somewhere in Sheffield town centre that could be classified as a bit rough lol....

Got a friend from out of town and we want to treat him to some of Sheffield's finer delights (but I dont wanna die thanks).

This is a serious post

Was thinking along the lines of "Rise" on a sat night.....

Its a monday night btw

The Big Gun on the Wicker?

Brown Bear definitely a candidate though (and has the added bonus of decent cheap beer). It may seem OK at first, but give it 15 mins or so and some drunken nutter will engage you in 'conversation', start shouting or just behaving in an odd and antisocial way. Despite all this I still quite like the place!

The Big Gun on the Wicker?

Brown Bear definitely a candidate though (and has the added bonus of decent cheap beer). It may seem OK at first, but give it 15 mins or so and some drunken nutter will engage you in 'conversation', start shouting or just behaving in an odd and antisocial way. Despite all this I still quite like the place!

Its fair to say its never boring in there

Ok, I will explain. Looking for somewhere in Sheffield town centre that could be classified as a bit rough lol....

Got a friend from out of town and we want to treat him to some of Sheffield's finer delights (but I dont wanna die thanks).

This is a serious post

Was thinking along the lines of "Rise" on a sat night.....

Its a monday night btw

what exactly do you mean by finer delights?

had some great afternoons and evenings in the brown bear. the main highlight was when one particular drunk (probably "famous") had to be carried out of the pub - he was on crutches IIRC and completely bladdered. anyway it was quite snowy/icy at the time and he had his mobility scooter parked outside. i asked if he had far to go, i was told he was going to ride all the way back to crookes :lol: he was dumped on his scooter, and proceeded to put it straight into reverse and he nearly knocked a pedestrian over :D

Archived