Mrs Thatcher to blame for the mess we are in.

The latest CBI report states that it is our manufacturing sector that will lead this country out of the mess that this new government have got us into.:(

The new government have only been in power for 6 months. I think that you will find that the financial mess was being reported 2 years ago and occured on Tony Blair & Gordon Brown's watch.

Really? Would you care to provide a citation to support that argument?

Here are the first 3 hits from Google on the topic 'UK Manufacturing':

Manufacturing UK - Directory of UK Manufacturing Companies

Detailed business information on over 4595 Manufacturing Companies located in the UK...

The future of UK Manufacturing: Reports of its death are greatly exaggerated

Loren Gerlach talks to Will Jackson-Moore and Matthew Alabaster about the future of UK manufacturing.

BBC News - UK manufacturing 'powering ahead'

5 Dec 2010 ... The UK manufacturing sector is in rude health, thanks in large part to strong demand from overseas customers, an industry survey suggests.

The authors of those articles don't seem to agree with you. There were over 7 million hits. I didn't bother to read them all.

UK manufacturing does have problems but it's far from dead.

If Labour get back in power anytime soon they'll probably do something about that, however.

Look around you in real world - we are in a mess - there are companies closing all time and do you really think 4500 companies is a lot with a population the size of Britains? New Laour are Tories in disguise- there is no labour party anymore , just varying shades of Tory all out for themselves

i cant actually think of ANYTHING that would make you happy

I would like to see Dave Cameron turn up to your housing association house/flat and say "Sorry son, no more council houses for life I'm afraid! Time to stand on your own two feet. Now get your coat!". :wave::hihi:

I honestly don't think I would ever stop laughing if that happened. :D

Might actually happen infact! :hihi:

Patronising condescending ****** ******:shakes:, I bought a private house thanks :hihi: I could have bought my grandmothers Council house for her for a whopping £2500 ( yes you read it right there isn't a 0 misssing)but she flatly refused on principle.

So not patronising or condescending at all. I got it spot on.

Principle is a different issue, and the fact that you enquired as to price shows you have none. It was your grandmother who refused not you.

You missed out. Just like I said.

Principle is a different issue, and the fact that you enquired as to price shows you have none. It was your grandmother who refused not you.

What are you on girl?

Can’t argue with someone that knows it all can we……… I said I bought my own house and offered to buy my grandmothers for her but she wouldn’t hear of it ………. Where did I lose out?

I would like to see Dave Cameron turn up to your housing association house/flat and say "Sorry son, no more council houses for life I'm afraid! Time to stand on your own two feet. Now get your coat!". :wave::hihi:

I honestly don't think I would ever stop laughing if that happened. :D

Might actually happen infact! :hihi:

Typical Tory. Would laugh at someone's misfortune in losing their home and job.

Archived