Best place for 25+ at night

virtual

Originally posted by virtual

Hi! Can you recommend a club/ pub in Sheffield that would be suitable for 25 and over? We have never been to Sheffield night life so everything essential please! :)

Quite a few places. Just take a wander and avoid anything that is heaving with undergrad students...it's actually fairly obvious, a peek through the windows usually suffices.

Off the top of my head, the Lounge, Sola, Wig and Pen, Showroom bar, Trippetts...

Well, theres lots of options depending on your preferences.

Classy bar/restaurant - Boho on Campo Lane or Sola on North Church Street

Live Music - The Room, Casbah or Boardwalk (Check out the nights though before you go)

Quality bars - Menzels on Ecclesall Road, Halcyon

Something a bit different - Dulo, The Earl, both highly recommended

Cocktails - Sola, DDD (D3) just down from the Washington, Sharkeys

Clubs - Sutra (Just opened, very nice quality feel)

I'm 35 and find most places ok, other than queueing at the bars on West Street. There are lots of gems out of the main area if you are bothered to look.

My personal favourites are the Fat Cat & Kelham Island Tavern, quality beer in a nice atmosphere. Go and check them out.

Sola bar is a great place for mature profesionals especially on saturday night.Soulphisticated a great concept for the bar is surely going to be simply the most stylish and sophisticated concept in one of sheffields best kept secrets.We will bring together our renowned quality of sweet soulful grooves,in contemporary and stylish surroundings

http://www.soulphisticated.net

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Why differentiate at 25 years though? Would rather go a place full of 18 year olds myself......not growing up......stay young and have fun...ITS ALL IN THE MIND!!!!!

Yes, as the liver spotted hand of the 48 year old woman dabs extra masscara onto her cheeks to hide those tell tale signs, she reflects on her divorce, three teenage children and her career as a senior account manager and thinks

"why, its all in the mind, I'm off to party with those teenagers, cos I wont look like a sad old tart desperately trying to cling on to her youth"

Archived