Christmas (cardboard) Cards or E Cards?

I've decided this Christmas to only send E Cards. I've come to the conclusion that the only people to benefit from sending snail mail cards are the manufacturers, and Royal Mail - and I don't suppose the foot posties enjoy carrying all those cards around anyhow.

Some get recycled, I bet most don't. Same designs each year, hours and hours writing them and sending them.

Then, you have E cards, everyone has an email address (even my 83yr old Gran), one message, loads of designs, musical ones, all sorts! And some (like Shelter) give you a chance to donate and remind you how lucky you are to have a roof over your head this Christmas (to name one of many charities out there that do such good work at this time of year).

For me, the only exception is perhaps children up to say 12, for them, I do get that a physical card is nice. That said - I'd not put any money in - had too much go astray in the past!

So, what's your thoughts? Would you be okay with getting an E Card for Christmas? Or are you attached to the traditional Christmas Card?

given that e-cards tend to populate the mailing lists of scammer, spammers and other internet unsavoury types, almost always come with irritating ads and occasionally with malware then i don't send them or read them if they are sent.

unless you sneeze on them before you send them or have a very odd sense of humour then the old fashioned ones tend to be free of anything infectious or unpleasant.

given that e-cards tend to populate the mailing lists of scammer, spammers and other internet unsavoury types, almost always come with irritating ads and occasionally with malware then i don't send them or read them if they are sent.

unless you sneeze on them before you send them or have a very odd sense of humour then the old fashioned ones tend to be free of anything infectious or unpleasant.

Some do - choose carefully. The ones I've sent this year allow you to create your own link to the card and send from your own email account. Free of malware and popups.

As opposed to the plentiful germy hands that handle your snail mail card across the country, you could say?

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago and one day a bag of cards turned up... Somehow 4 envelopes addressed to me had been chewed up in the machine at Royal Mail.

Having worked there years ago myself, there's no way that 4 envelopes would so happen to all get chewed up at the same time. Possible, but highly improbable!

I remember about 6 or 7 years ago and one day a bag of cards turned up... Somehow 4 envelopes addressed to me had been chewed up in the machine at Royal Mail.

Having worked there years ago myself, there's no way that 4 envelopes would so happen to all get chewed up at the same time. Possible, but highly improbable!

Another reason to choose a different method of sending your Christmas greeting!

Archived