Will you tip the postie for Christmas?

I tip postie and bin men... always give bin men beer at xmas.... must be same ones as if i ever need an extra bag taking they always take it ...shows that what goes around comes around :o)

I have a tip for the bin men, stop being idle and bogging yourself down with health and safety.

I cant get my head round this. Tip a postman? What the hell for? Doing his bloody job? Get real!

I tip my postman, yes he's doing his job, but this year, even in this weather he's been out and about - even fetched me a parcel on a Sunday...

If I'm out when he calls in the week, and there's a recorded delivery, he calls again later when his round is done, and usually I'm in then.

There's not many would go to the trouble, and I wouldn't tip them, I always know when my regular postmans off, - I get a 'while you were out' card...

I tip my postman, yes he's doing his job, but this year, even in this weather he's been out and about - even fetched me a parcel on a Sunday...

If I'm out when he calls in the week, and there's a recorded delivery, he calls again later when his round is done, and usually I'm in then.

There's not many would go to the trouble, and I wouldn't tip them, I always know when my regular postmans off, - I get a 'while you were out' card...

I think it's a great idea to tip people for doing their jobs, especially when they're good at it and pleasant enough to go the extra mile. Now I'm settled into a house, I'm going to start doing it.

I cant get my head round this. Tip a postman? What the hell for? Doing his bloody job? Get real!

Are you saying you never tip EVER, not the waitress at a resturant after your meal ?? She/he is only doing their job??

Are you saying NO ONE should get a tip, cos their just doing their job?

the only tip ill give my postie is to pay a visit to specsavers as he cant tell the difference between cresent and road

im forever getting mail for ** ******* road delivered to me at ** ******* cresent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That could be an error in the sorting office and not necessarily by the postie himself. It is easily missed if the no. and the first part of the street name is similar and the postie is in a hurry. If he/she does spot it then it mean they have to either take it back the next day or go out of their route plan just for that one letter which after 2 or 3 times gets a bit time-consuming particularly when routes take 3-4 hours anyway and the bag is rammed with stuff!

You've clearly never worked for them and actually understand how it works!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For having to deliver even more than the usual heavy round thanks to the Xmas Card/online-buying brigade. At xmas a round can get upto 3X the typical load so you should be thankfull if he/she manages to get it all to you by the 24th!

Are you saying you never tip EVER, not the waitress at a resturant after your meal ?? She/he is only doing their job??

Are you saying NO ONE should get a tip, cos their just doing their job?

I do, and taxi drivers.

I've never really thought about it, I may stop now.

Never tipped a postie or a binman.

the only tip ill give my postie is to pay a visit to specsavers as he cant tell the difference between cresent and road

im forever getting mail for ** ******* road delivered to me at ** ******* cresent

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That could be an error in the sorting office and not necessarily by the postie himself. It is easily missed if the no. and the first part of the street name is similar and the postie is in a hurry. If he/she does spot it then it mean they have to either take it back the next day or go out of their route plan just for that one letter which after 2 or 3 times gets a bit time-consuming particularly when routes take 3-4 hours anyway and the bag is rammed with stuff!

You've clearly never worked for them and actually understand how it works!

If its a postie who sort's there own round in the morning then it is there fault.

If its a postie who as there round sorted for them then they should be write m/s on the letter and pop it in the postbox.

but at end of day There is no excuse for for not reading the address correctly.

Archived