Will you tip the postie for Christmas?

So if you work do you get tipped for doing your job?

And before anyone starts with the scrooge comments, I give over £50 a month to charity directly from my wages..

i think it might have been a sarcastic reference to the fact that much of the money sent inside christmas cards goes misteriously missing enroute to delivery.... :hihi:

• 11 months later...
That sounds like Chantelle :hihi:

Sorry to resurrect this thread from last year. This is sort of connected.

Hoping someone can tell me if Chantelle is the excellent cheerful and helpful postwoman who delivers to Lower Walkley, Hillsborough corner area.

If it is, she's been great with our dog since we got him this year and we were going to write a card. Want to be sure it's the same lady...that could be embarrassing.:blush:

Sorry to resurrect this thread from last year. This is sort of connected.

Hoping someone can tell me if Chantelle is the excellent cheerful and helpful postwoman who delivers to Lower Walkley, Hillsborough corner area.

If it is, she's been great with our dog since we got him this year and we were going to write a card. Want to be sure it's the same lady...that could be embarrassing.:blush:

Yup, that's her. What colour's her hair these days?

Unfortunately she no longer does our street :( so please wish her a merry Christmas off me and Molly Moo if you do give her a card :)

If everybody was as diligent about their job as she is then the world would be a better place.

I put a fiver in a card for our postie as he always goes out of his way to be helpful ie. leaving parcels in a safe place and putting a little note through the door to tell us as it saves having to trail to the sorting office. He is cheerful and is wonderful to our dogs and I'm sorry to say he might not be our postie for much longer (he has been ours for years) as I was chatting to him yesterday and he is having a hip replacement in January. We had noticed him limping recently probably due to years of trudging about with a heavy bag, (he had shoulder surgery last year) and I wish him all the best and thank him for years of going above and beyond the call of duty.

Yup, that's her. What colour's her hair these days?

Unfortunately she no longer does our street :( so please wish her a merry Christmas off me and Molly Moo if you do give her a card :)

If everybody was as diligent about their job as she is then the world would be a better place.

Great thanks Medusa.

We certainly are very lucky to have her as our postie. She even knows our dog by name when we see her out and about which is impressive given that there must be about 20 dogs on our road alone. She really does go above and beyond the call of duty which is pretty handy when I'm not in the receive X-mas presents just before X-mas.

Won't be tipping my postie. He is the most miserable git I have ever known. He doesn't have occasional off days. Everyday is an off day with him. Doesn't smile, just grunts, nah not a cat in hells chance of a tip off me

I think that it is only appropriate to give a tip to a postman if you are on a higher pay scale.

He's getting paid to do his job anyway, why does he deserve a bonus. Especially when I have worked very hard all year too but I never get any kind of bonus, why should I loose out.

To be perfectly honest, Because I have to bin mountains of junk mail every year, and very few actual legitimate post items, it is more of an inconvenience than a service most of the time.

I think it would be more fair to give a tip to bar staff and shop workers on the bare minimum wage level than postmen, they have to put up with rude customers and monotonous work, whereas being out and about delivering seems to be to be a much more pleasent career choice.

Archived