Pc world pt 2 advice needed

so i bought 2 hp laptops from them in november as it was a realy good offer when you claimed the cash back offer from hp but when i tried to claim it hp said that the offer stopped in september.

of course my calls to barry the business sales manager fall on deaf ears and they not interested in coming to a solution.

were do i stand with this ?

so i bought 2 hp laptops from them in november as it was a realy good offer when you claimed the cash back offer from hp but when i tried to claim it hp said that the offer stopped in september.

of course my calls to barry the business sales manager fall on deaf ears and they not interested in coming to a solution.

were do i stand with this ?

If you bought them in store go back to the store

Point of sale, aka the poster advertising it, or the HP website. If either say September, then with all due respect, you don't have a leg to stand on.

I doubt the poster would say anything about it. I suspect the sale was made by the salesperson, and you can rely on what they say. The difficulty is proving it. If the OP were given a leaflet on how to reclaim ther cashback, that'd certainly do it. Alternatively, if the OP was with someone at the time?

More to the point I'd be very surprised if that upon recieving a claim form, PC World either wouldnt answer in time (meaning you can enter Judgment), or they'd pay you.

I doubt the poster would say anything about it. I suspect the sale was made by the salesperson, and you can rely on what they say. The difficulty is proving it. If the OP were given a leaflet on how to reclaim ther cashback, that'd certainly do it. Alternatively, if the OP was with someone at the time?

More to the point I'd be very surprised if that upon recieving a claim form, PC World either wouldnt answer in time (meaning you can enter Judgment), or they'd pay you.

Cash back offers are handled by product manufacturers, essentially an incentive to buy their products, PC World/Dixons do not handle any such promotions (that I am aware of anyway). Any that have been offered in the past, and current ones that I know of are all manufacturer handled, and the salesperson should refer the customer to the manufacturer who then handles the claim.

Another point, is that posters generally mention an end date, and if they don't, at least a * disclaimer referring to full T&C's which would contain that information.

Admittedly if the salesperson did offer this when the offer had ended, he/she would be acting extremely unprofessionally or in ignorance (in both cases just as bad as each in my opinion), but as you said, it's proving that they said this in the first place, which you would have no proof of.

Archived