Pc world pt 2 advice needed

Cash back offers are handled by product manufacturers, essentially an incentive to buy their products, PC World/Dixons do not handle any such promotions (that I am aware of anyway). Any that have been offered in the past, and current ones that I know of are all manufacturer handled, and the salesperson should refer the customer to the manufacturer who then handles the claim.

Another point, is that posters generally mention an end date, and if they don't, at least a * disclaimer referring to full T&C's which would contain that information.

Admittedly if the salesperson did offer this when the offer had ended, he/she would be acting extremely unprofessionally or in ignorance (in both cases just as bad as each in my opinion), but as you said, it's proving that they said this in the first place, which you would have no proof of.

I'm not going to start down my "professional" route, seeing as I'm not back in the office till the morning and the JD is going down nicely (it is christmas after all), but, suffice it to say, if someone sells something on the premise of an offer they know, or ought to know has expired, that company will be liable for the loss, if it can be shown that the purchase was based on that offer.

But, as I say, law is one thing I can quote all day. Evidence is another matter. Being given a leaflet or something like that would be fairly helpful!

I'm not going to start down my "professional" route, seeing as I'm not back in the office till the morning and the JD is going down nicely (it is christmas after all), but, suffice it to say, if someone sells something on the premise of an offer they know, or ought to know has expired, that company will be liable for the loss, if it can be shown that the purchase was based on that offer.

But, as I say, law is one thing I can quote all day. Evidence is another matter. Being given a leaflet or something like that would be fairly helpful!

You have the right idea with the JD!

I'm not disputing that at all, but the problem is, in my experience, I've only ever seen something like a website address being scribbled onto a bit of scrap paper or back of receipt, or in this case a PCWB quote/invoice, but I don't think that would be substantial enough to bring a "case" forward as it were. In some cases, it's even just been word of mouth, Sony are doing one at the moment and I said to a couple of people today, go to Sony's website with your receipt to hand to claim; simply because we don't have anything else to hand them

That's why I reckon there isn't anything to go on here, unless there's something 'official' so to speak, consumer direct won't be able to do anything and the company can deny any wrongdoing all they like.

Its wierd (and I've forgot to quote) but when I bought my laptp from them, on which the o key is nw dying, they offered me a free win vista upgrade, and gave me a leaflet. OP person did you get anything like that?

Ahh now that was an exception, and we had the same for Win 7 too, Microsoft have been good like that. In fact, we even had it for those buying Office 2007 in a certain period of time before 2010 was released for a free upgrade, to stop sales from coming to a halt. But I do have to be honest here, this is the ONLY time I've seen this happen, and the leaflets clearly stated the vital info such as end date etc.

Bought my first Pc about 12 years ago from PC world and was careful to take out an extended warranty with back up service. (This when comps were expensive)

Sure enough it went wrong and even though I was covered they refused to do anything about it after many phone calls over several weeks. (the guarantee said someone would come to fix it)

In the end , I stuck into the car and returned it on a Saturday morning when I knew they'd be busy. I stuck it on the counter in front of a queue of customers telling them they were a load of thieving (rude words) and they could keep their bloody comp (I didn't want my money back) This upset them so much they decided to something about it ... by calling the police! ... they're useless! :gag:

Bought my first Pc about 12 years ago from PC world and was careful to take out an extended warranty with back up service. (This when comps were expensive)

Sure enough it went wrong and even though I was covered they refused to do anything about it after many phone calls over several weeks. (the guarantee said someone would come to fix it)

In the end , I stuck into the car and returned it on a Saturday morning when I knew they'd be busy. I stuck it on the counter in front of a queue of customers telling them they were a load of thieving (rude words) and they could keep their bloody comp (I didn't want my money back) This upset them so much they decided to something about it ... by calling the police! ... they're useless! :gag:

What was the reason that they wouldn't do anything about it?

What was the reason that they wouldn't do anything about it?

Don't know ... I needed my comp fixed and fast. When they threatened me with the police, I took it back and got someone who knows what they're doing to fix it ... took a couple of hours! :loopy:

Don't know ... I needed my comp fixed and fast. When they threatened me with the police, I took it back and got someone who knows what they're doing to fix it ... took a couple of hours! :loopy:

They probably told you they'd need to take it to the workshop or similar which is still the case nowadays. On the older agreements, this process could take up to 6 weeks, so I guess fast may not have been the case!

Archived