The French- some quotations!

Sea superiority would also have been vital for any invasion and Germany never had the slightest chance of achieving that.

The Nazi plans for invading the UK were vague, ill-formed and never had any realistic chance of success - converted river barges against the Royal Navy :roll: the Wehrmacht would have been massacred in the channel.[/QUOTE]

Very true. More than likely he realized this and assumed that England being alone at that time would eventually sue for peace.

Fortunately, as I already more or less stated before even the mightiest of armies can be defeated by the stupidity and bad decisions of it's leaders as the German army eventually found out

I dont blame the French army any more that I blame the British army for the defeat in France. The individual soldiers were courageous enough They were just unfortunate enough to have leaders who were relics from the First World war.

Archived