Whats up with the car now?

orbs

Agree about the flat surface. What will happen if the oil is hot when checked?

I think you get a more accurate reading when the engine is cold. I *think* if the car is hot and you check it, it should definitely be at the max marker. I'd check in your cars manual for the proper procedure though.

If I were the OP I'd go for an oil and filter change as a first port of call.

hi i am a citroen mechanic it will have got the wrong oil filter fitted seen this alot when genuine oil filters are not fitted

There you have it! Go to Reg Vardy's and get the oil and filter changed or buy the parts and do it yourself.

I had a Micra once and the oil light came on. Got the AA out and it was a faulty sensor.

Sub zero temps can play havoc with the oil and sensitive oil pressure sensor!

Unfortunately these days the amount of sensors, warning lights, and electrical gizmo's included on cars these days results in many people taking a trip to a wealthy garage mechanic. My bet is that the OP is now toodling around in the warm citroen, after a good run, and the light has gone out:thumbsup:

I rang the garage i have my MOT with he said drive as little as possible & bring it in (in 3 days time) in the mean time a mechanic off here has offered to call tomorrow & give free estamate. its only 9/10 thousand miles since the last service. will keep updated thanks.

can you let me know wot citroen model your car is and engine size plz belive me the wrong oil filter fitted will cause a oil pressure light to come if the engine is not rattleing are making strange nosie. i am 99% posative the promblem will be the wrong type oil fillter.

Archived