Bit of advice with regards to a faulty product

hi all sorry its a bit of a long story! i was just after abit of advice, i got a pram from ebay which was near new only recently have i started using this and have found the seat unit unsafe as the harness has no shoulder holes and its not a floating harness so my daughter nearly fell out of it, took it in to shop over a month ago who said they would repair it free of charge, they haven't done anything with it as they said it is fine but the manager there said she isnt happy to let the pram go out of the shop as its simply not safe she has tested it and found that the actual harness was useless and i may as well not use it, they cant get a new seat unit as the pram is discontinued so were on about replacing it with a similar pram, now another manager has got involved and said because i didnt buy it new and dont have a receipt they cant help me, now i do understand that but also surely they are responsible as the pram really isnt safe does anyone know where i stand with this? any advice welcome as at the moment it looks like i will have to pick it up and take it to tip as i cant sell it or use it as it is. Thanks in advance

Archived