Why cant dogs go on trams?

you must be lucky then because ive been on buses at least 20 times with great big dogs aboard hounding the gangway and thats just this past 2 months! and in regards to your deffence of bags blocking the gangway... sure people can trip over them, but they are hardley scary are they! dogs might be the least of the problems encountered on public transport in your eyes, but you love dogs by the sounds of it.. some people like me are terrified of dogs and dont really want to be sat on any type of public transport with one! some people like dogs, some dont, some are scared to death of dogs.... thats just the way it goes! i think public transport should be for humans only, and that is my opinion.

7/7?:shocked:

:hihi: I think I would have to dress mine up as a person, he's far too big to hide under my coat, though he does behave better than a lot of people I have seen using the tram :suspect:

It is generally down to the fact that some people do not train or control their dog so it stops everyone from using them. Dogs should not disturb other passengers journey by misbehaving or making mess but no doubt selfish people would allow their dog to ruin other peoples journey. Some people do not like dogs so if they were allowed they should only be allowed off peak so people do not have to be near them if they do not wish to be

nothing to do with it

they're allowed on buses and trains, but are ejected if they make a nuisance of themselves, so there's no reason why they shouldn't be allowed on a tram

if people's likes and dislikes came into it, smelly people and noisy kids wouldn't be allowed on either :rolleyes:

you must be lucky then because ive been on buses at least 20 times with great big dogs aboard hounding the gangway and thats just this past 2 months! and in regards to your deffence of bags blocking the gangway... sure people can trip over them, but they are hardley scary are they! dogs might be the least of the problems encountered on public transport in your eyes, but you love dogs by the sounds of it.. some people like me are terrified of dogs and dont really want to be sat on any type of public transport with one! some people like dogs, some dont, some are scared to death of dogs.... thats just the way it goes! i think public transport should be for humans only, and that is my opinion.
If a member of your family had been raped or murdered by a person of an ethnic minority, would you be petrified of those too and insist upon them being banned from public transport too?

perhaps therapy for you would be more appropriate than blanket bans to make the world the shape you want it?

People's comments - and attitude - to dogs is really quite shallow sighted. It's easy to say 'no dogs' and then give a reason, but once you ban one thing, you might as well ban everything else.

I can't count the times someone with BO has sat next to me, or how some screaming kid has driven me nuts, or how some dirty skank had dropped food (or dirt) everywhere, yet because it's dogs, it's fine to single them out for some bizarre reason.

In contrast, I think I've encountered one dog in the aisle on a train, and maybe once on a bus. Bags blocking the aisle, *hundreds* of times... In fact, my dog-to-other-incident ratio is massively disproportionate.

Summary: It's easy to single out dogs when they're really the least of the problems encountered on public transport!

/rant over.

Agreed...stop singling out the dogs!

Archived