Christmas dinner - how do you eat yours?

Where do you eat, what do you eat, who with, how many courses, any traditions???

Bit of a fun thread while we are all preparing for our Christmas dinner :-)

were having

a turkey crown that i will fillet out then layer up with butter, stuffing, butterflied chicken breasts and a pork loin then ill roll it back up and tie up with string then lay some streaky bacon on top and it will be served with,

parsnip gratin, mash, roasties, pigs in blankets, sprouts pan fried with some pancetta bacon and chesnuts, carrots and peas and yorkshire puds.

for pudding im making a mars bar cheesecake :love:

were having

a turkey crown that i will fillet out then layer up with butter, stuffing, butterflied chicken breasts and a pork loin then ill roll it back up and tie up with string then lay some streaky bacon on top and it will be served with,

parsnip gratin, mash, roasties, pigs in blankets, sprouts pan fried with some pancetta bacon and chesnuts, carrots and peas and yorkshire puds.

Can I come round for dinner please?

were having

God you don't do things by halves! Can I come round?

I eat mine all at once and tend to only mix two things together - a bit of meat and yorkie pud and spuds all at once can be a bit much!

My fella tends to build little sandwiches with his, it takes forever and is quite the art form.

Normally, turkey, gammon, beef, pigs in blankets, pork stuffing, roast potatoes, mash potatoes, sprouts, parnsip and carrot mash, yorkshire puds, cauliflower cheese. christmas pudding, ice cream, chocolates, brandy, sherry, whisky beer.

This year?

Dinner with veggies.... :-(

there will be 8 of us round the table this year - aged 8 - 90 :)

cream of leek and potato soup with homebaked bread rolls

Roasted turkey crown with streaky bacon and chestnut stuffing, roast pork loin with homemade bramley apple sauce, mashed spuds with butter, roasted potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes and of course roast parsnips, carrots and sprouts, and brocolli for the little one. Cranberry gravy and lashings of red wine.

Desert will be christmas pudding with brandy butter for my grandpa, and custard or cream for the rest of us, and the children will have chocolate cake.

Cheese and crackers with figs and plenty of fresh fruit.

Coffee and mints, followed by home made mince pies and christmas cake.

There will be champagne to celebrate the birth of Christ and the achievement of everyone making it to yet another christmas, we will also remember our absent family and friends.

I expect the 'meal' to take 3-4 hours over the afternoon/evening and not everyone will be expected to sit at the table all the time, after all the little ones will be bored after soup - they will be allowed to get up and down from the table - after each course so as not to disturb my grandpa too much, and if anyone wants to skip a course they will be able to.

I am so looking forward to it :D

Archived