Christmas dinner - how do you eat yours?

Just the two of us this year. Eating at the usual time, in the evening, to avoid a long, drawn out alcohol and food stuffed afternoon.

Having salmon and fennel. Might do fennel mash with a red wine vinigarette or may do a pasta based concoction instead. If we have pudding it will probably be cheese and biscuits. Or possibly Xmas cake with a slice of stilton.

There will be red wine involved.

Just the four of us this year feasting on an so far undecided starter (I want a change from the traditional prawn cocktail), roast turkey, roast ham, all the trimmings, roast and boiled root vegetables, sprouts, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire puddings with gravy. Pudding will be Christmas pud with brady butter or brandy cream or double cream and possibly a trifle or cheesecake depending on which I decide to make. Red wine and white wine and finally a huge pot of coffee. Then Dr Who on TV.

I love Boxing day when I serve up cold meat, bubble and squeak followed by Christmas pudding ice cream. I also make a pan of soup using the leftover roast vegetables.

Merry Christmas one and all.

I fancied having a change this year...I asked Mrs Guzzi what she thought of having an all day B.B.Q in the back garden ? :suspect: ( ..Burgers ,Ribs,Plenty o' Booze etc...get some music on and light a fire )..She said i must be goin' Daft in mi' owd age :loopy:, so it'll just be t'usual ..Turkey wi' Stufffin' , Sprouts, Carrots, Peas , Roasters , Few Cans / Bottles then get sat watchin' t 'Box ...( still think a B.B.Q's a good idea though ).....:hihi:

for pudding im making a mars bar cheesecake :love:

yum yum yum !! not xmas pud lovers and cant get hold of yule log so this sounds perfect !! do u have a recipe pls ??

mars bar cheesecake

250g plain chocolate biscuits

150g butter, melted, plus 20g butter extra

300ml thickened cream

2 tablespoons brown sugar

50g milk chocolate, finely chopped

3 teaspoons gelatine

1/4 cup (60ml) boiling water

2 x 250g packets cream cheese (room temperature)

1/2 cup (120g) caster sugar

crush the biscuits add to melted butter and line a tine of choice preferably a loose bottom one with the mix and put mix up the sides to.

melt gelatine in hot water mix till disolved and set aside to allow to cool

then make a toffee sauce - in a pan add some brown sugar a little cream and some butter

then make a chocolate sauce - chocolate in a pan a little butter and some cream

set those aside for now.

in a pan add some cream and 3 mars bars set aside

now in a bowl add brown sugar, and cream cheese and beat until smooth then add melted mars bars. set aside.

now in a seperate bowl whisk cream until soft peaks form

now add gelatine to cream cheese mix then fold in cream then pour into tin.

now use the toffee and chocolate sauce to decorate the top and you can also add some chopped mars bars to the mix if you wish i dont as it makes it too lumpy i instead use some sliced bars on the edge of the cheesecake to decorate it aswell as the sauces.

Archived