Frozen water pipes

we`ve had no water since early yesterday morning.

Done everything we can think of to try and get the water running. Am assuming its frozen in the garage as Our stoptap and a lot of pipes are in there, so have bought a heater and had it in there all night, still no water. Am at my wits end with it. my neighbours are being great at filling pans and buckets so we can flush the loo with it, have bought a case of bottled water so we can drink n fill kettle etc. washings mounting up, its a nightmare!

our bathroom sink isn't emptying, toilet and bath both fine, can't get to the pipes. I keeping running warm water in sink then using jug to empty it again, will this help? really don't want a burst pipe as that will mean pulling bathroom apart.

I've had no water downstairs and only cold in the bathroom taps (although the shower is till working :) since sunday. Have heated up the kitchen with heaters/oven/haridryer but to no avail- so i'm guessing that means that the pipes are frozen outside/under the house? I cant see any obvious water pipes coming into the house to insulate-is there anything else i can do? Its a rented property and the agencies stance is that we just need to put up with it until it gets warmer-but that could be a while!

Its a rented property and the agencies stance is that we just need to put up with it until it gets warmer-but that could be a while!

It's the landlord's responsibility to ensure your house is correctly provided with both hot and cold water.

Check out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?74057

You have many options, negotiation is probably the best. You need to get them to send round a plumber to investigate and take it from there. Ring the council to find out whether the landlord is breaking environmental health laws in not providing hot running water. If they are, negotiation with the landlord should proceed very quickly :)

As that article states, you can pay for repairs yourself and deduct the costs from the rent, but you have to follow the correct procedure.