Frozen water pipes

We have quite a lot of exposed pipework so just had a plumber out to try and locate where its frozen. He`s cut the pipe just above the stoptap and our pipes are fine, the blockage/ice/problem is below the stoptap so is yorkshire waters responsibility.

Just waiting on them ringing me back now!

hope to god they can do something!

Same in S11 we've been two days now without any water and five in a house!

had a massive dinner/party on sunday and nothing's been washed up since, toilet froze and shower not working, nightmare!

Our landlady says theres nothing they can do and my stopcock is outside i think along with the bloody washing machine! NOT HAPPY:confused:

yourshire water dont want to know, i have rang them 5 times since yesterday for my parents and unless you are vulnerable they wont do anything and thats if you are on dialasis or something like that, even though my parents are both pensioners with medical problems that doesnt count

yourshire water dont want to know, i have rang them 5 times since yesterday for my parents and unless you are vulnerable they wont do anything and thats if you are on dialasis or something like that, even though my parents are both pensioners with medical problems that doesnt count

yeah I`m not holding out much hope but hoping they take pity on us with 3 kids in the house!

Know it doesn't help you with your heating etc, but for those of you who may be without water for a few days and can get to supermarkets, they sell bottled water quite cheaply - Tescos for instance is 17p for 2litres for drinking & for boiling water for hot drinks etc.

Can you provide a loving home for a rescue kittie ? Rain Rescue Cats

Free/cheap cat neutering please look here Link

If their underground pipes are frozen, what exactly can they do?

thanks for that. I guess they would say that we do have hot and cold running water- as we have one tap working upstairs and the shower is running hot-there stance is 'its happening to everyone' whats annoying is that we rent through an agency-but the actual landlord is sound and used to be a plumber and i know he wouldnt mind coming round to have a look and give is some advice-but they refuse to contact him and wont give me his number.

Which agency is it? Try spreading their name around here a bit and see if that changes their attitude towards sending out a plumber, at the least try to get a more senior contact at the agency if you're getting nowhere currently.