I cant believe the cheek of some people!!

i am waiting for an item i bought, the item was dispatched on the 30th of november, i have been in contact with the seller and discust it with her. i have set the ball rolling with ebay, but i have also said i'm prepared to wait a little while longer to see if it is caught up with the delayed post. if i get a refund then the item does turn up I WILL then repay the money.

get intouch with paypal they should beable to get the money back for you.

If he quoted the item as lost then make a claim to royal mail with the proof of postage. You'd be better going through paypal to look at it again since he has now posted positive feedback. Failing that you could take him to small claims with all the evidence you have available.

The reason he gave to eBay was 'item not received' I'm gonna wait for eBay to respond, if that fails I will call them...

i am waiting for an item i bought, the item was dispatched on the 30th of november, i have been in contact with the seller and discust it with her. i have set the ball rolling with ebay, but i have also said i'm prepared to wait a little while longer to see if it is caught up with the delayed post. if i get a refund then the item does turn up I WILL then repay the money.

get intouch with paypal they should beable to get the money back for you.

I was also waiting for an item I purchased on the 2nd of December it came Saturday :S and that was 1st class!! Hope you receive your item soon x

I must be the only idiot in the world that didn't get an order, opened a dispute and got a refund, then I got my order late and to be fair with them I ordered again and stuck a note into them explaining what had happened and NOT to resend anything as I was paying for the original late item. I emailed Ebay as well just in case there was any confusion.

Am I the only crackpot to have ever done this ?

I just cant get over the cheek of some people!! I sold an item on eBay and due to the slow postal service while the snow was bad the item was 'lost in the post' I had proof of postage and emailed it to the seller, who then went on to open a dispute, eBay fully refunded the money and the cheeky TW@T had the nerve to leave postive feedback THE SAME DAY the money was refund saying the item had arrived safely and they was extremely happy with the 'purchase' hahaha seem as I'm nearly £50 down, yeah course they are happy for the item they haven't paid for... I'm FUMING :rant:

I have emailed eBay and waiting for their response I'm not holding my breathe though :roll:

Well thats it from now on ALL my item will be sent tracked!!

anyway rant over, just thought I'd share my wonderfull experience with you all :hihi:

I think you will get your cash back eventually if you keep on at them. If the buyer left you pos feedback, that should be all the evidence that you need.

Have you sent a private email to the buyer asking if the item has been received?

If he quoted the item as lost then make a claim to royal mail with the proof of postage. You'd be better going through paypal to look at it again since he has now posted positive feedback. Failing that you could take him to small claims with all the evidence you have available.

That would be a fraudulent claim wouldn't it?

That would be a fraudulent claim wouldn't it?

No, he's said it hasn't arrived and that was reason for his refund. The fact that he has left feedback is irrelevant. However making that claim would result in royal mail posting a questionnaire to the customer asking if it had been received. If he then backed up his feedback, Royal Mail will notify the claimant that the customer says the package was received which can then be used as evidence to appeal the refund via Paypal.

No, he's said it hasn't arrived and that was reason for his refund. The fact that he has left feedback is irrelevant. However making that claim would result in royal mail posting a questionnaire to the customer asking if it had been received. If he then backed up his feedback, Royal Mail will notify the claimant that the customer says the package was received which can then be used as evidence to appeal the refund via Paypal.

Yes it would be a fraudulent claim because the sender knows it has been delivered.

I must be the only idiot in the world that didn't get an order, opened a dispute and got a refund, then I got my order late and to be fair with them I ordered again and stuck a note into them explaining what had happened and NOT to resend anything as I was paying for the original late item. I emailed Ebay as well just in case there was any confusion.

Am I the only crackpot to have ever done this ?

Oh god, no! I've had quite a few of them this winter...

Edit: But quite a few nice people have paid for the item (again) when it has been received.

What gets me is how they act like their non-receipt of an item is a personal attack against them that has 'ruined Christmas'

They're being dramatic to make their claim seem more personal.

I suppose technically you should be claiming against the post office for a missing item to get your money back, but ebay ought to act appropriately if they're stating that they have received it. I may be wrong but they can only obtain funds if the money is still in the buyer's paypal account, if they've emptied it then all ebay can do, if they can be bothered, is to limit the buyer's access to ebay as a punishment. It still doesn't help you though. The even more annoying thing is that you cannot leave them negative feedback!

Archived