Slip on ice- banged my head

On Saturday evening I fell on the ice and banged the left side of my head. Went down with a real bang. I'd had a few shandies so didn't feel a lot to be honest.

I didn't cut my head and there was no blood. Yesterday I felt a bit shaken and felt a bruise above my ear. No feeling of sickness or anything like that.

This morning the other side of my head aches and I can feel the bruise on the left side.

Is it worth going to the hospital to check it out, and if I do where do I go?

Phoned NHS Direct, they are really good! Expected to be on the phone waiting for ages but they picked up in a minute.

I'm okay, went through the symptoms and stuff, no fluid leaking from ears or nose and the bump appears not to be full of fluid. Ooof, that was the worst part having to touch my bruise. See my GP if headache gets worse or doesn't go away. Suggested I might have mild concussion.

Been advised to not have any alcohol for a few days and no contact sports for three weeks.

Phoned NHS Direct, they are really good! Expected to be on the phone waiting for ages but they picked up in a minute.

I'm okay, went through the symptoms and stuff, no fluid leaking from ears or nose and the bump appears not to be full of fluid. Ooof, that was the worst part having to touch my bruise. See my GP if headache gets worse or doesn't go away. Suggested I might have mild concussion.

Been advised to not have any alcohol for a few days and no contact sports for three weeks.

I'm sure the pub will understand...missus may not though. :hihi:

Archived