Please help..is there nothing I can do?

I need someone's advice. My friend is repeatedly getting animals, keeping them for a couple of weeks then getting rid of them again because they can't be bothered, fed up of walking them, changing the cat litter, etc etc

They then wait a few weeks, forget how much hard work an extra family member brings and go on the search again for a dog/cat whatever.......:(

I have voiced my opinions to them on numerous occasions but they don't see the problem.

After just getting rid of an animal a couple of weeks ago they are now on the search for a dog for Christmas :rant:

The thought of these poor animals going to what people think are a good home to be then passed on to god knows where for a few quid is really troubling me and I feel so helpless :|

WHAT CAN I DO? x

After just getting rid of an animal a couple of weeks ago they are now on the search for a dog for Christmas :rant:

Wow, I thought those "for life, not just for christmas" things were just some kind of marketing campaign, not a real occurence...

Doesn't sound like a very good friend if they won't listen to you.

Maybe you could find someone who could take a dog in when they decide they don't want it anymore, then give it back when they decide they want to find a new pet?

we have a naibours daghter that dose exsactley the same thing

they sicken me we even had someone come to our house in june this

year thinking it was me getting rid of my dogs untill i sent them next door

& at the time it was a gsd puppy its always a gsd of some kind

& they get fed up get rid then when the kids want another

they end up with another one i feel so sorry for them

they was even wanting me to put them on the waighting list for a

basste hound puppy untill i said no becourse they wouldent be able to cope with it witch they diddent like they are horrible people with no care for animals what so ever :suspect::huh:

Wow, I thought those "for life, not just for christmas" things were just some kind of marketing campaign, not a real occurence...

Doesn't sound like a very good friend if they won't listen to you.

Maybe you could find someone who could take a dog in when they decide they don't want it anymore, then give it back when they decide they want to find a new pet?

Now I don't think that would be a good thing for the dog would it?

Where are they getting them from? Are they just buying them from people they know? I don't know, might be worth looking in the Pets interest group because there are people who know about this kind of thing who could advise.

I wonder if the RSPCA could get an asbo against them or something?

Archived