Stressed just want to talk

The landlord has to give you a properly worded, LEGAL notice to quit, otherwise his demand for you to leave has nothing to stand on, in law.

as others have said, contact shelter as a matter of urgency, and the CAB, to get the best advice about where you stand with regard to your situation. (or even Sheffield Law Centre off the Wicker in town might be able to help)

Perhaps when you've spoken to them, and you know your rights/ who to approach, you may feel a bit less stressed.

If your partner is doing drugs, kick him to the kerb, no arguments... getting you and your kiddies housed safely, and getting over Xmas needs to be your priority.

all the best.

I have kids things sorted an got all meds they need in hospital yesterday an doctors today my kids stuff always comes first. X thanks x

good for you!

I really hope you get something sorted, cant offer much advice that others havent already given, my heart goes out to you, keep strong :)

regarding your baby blues, go have a chat with your health visitor and ask about a family support worker. These people are involved within childrens centres and can help you with support groups, grants and housing. I had one a couple of years ago when i was down and out and she came to the housing with me, wrote me letters for grants and got me in touch with support groups and gave me general support. I really hope things work out and stay positive x

Hi, Try SCOOP Aid 0114 2537672. They are a lone parent organisation based in S2. They can offer emtional support as well as practical advise about housing & benefits etc. They also used to do a Xmas toy appeal & give out toys to lone parents in finanicla difficulites. I am not sure if they still do it but you should definitely contact them. I used to work quite closely with them & the workers were fantastic.

Good luck, its so heartbreaking to read a post like this, especially at this time of year xx

Stress iS not really the word. Im a singal parent of 3kids under 5. As i found out partner was usein drugs i love him to death but dont want to be with some one who takes em, an i cant get the trust thing back but i really want him. Its christmas in 5 days all the kids ill broncitist, ear infection, an the little one might have to go in hospital if dont feed, my landloard wants me out of his house by the 6th jan as he dont want the stress of having to fix things, i have no money to pay for bond or mths rent in advance or once i find somewhere no money to get all my things out. There is no insterlation what so ever you can see out side in the attic it cost 10+ aday to have heating on 3hours in morning then 4pm till the it goes off. I have the baby blues all i seem to do is cry. I just wanted to write how i feel to see if makes me feel any better x

talk to your gp or health visitor try normads at pitsmoor for help with housing don't go it alone. my ex partner took drugs so i know how it must be feeling but i didn't have three kids under five. you need to forget the big picture of xmas its just one day your kids are young and they will not remember much of now when they are older. you need to focus on you cos if you are not strong whats the kids got. there is help out there. if you are on benefits maybe with any luck dhss will help with housing costs. untill you explore every avenue there is away out of this mess keep focused. you will go through motions of self pity anger bitterness and you will blame yourself. remember its not your fault. practical tips put extra clothes on kids heat one room at time. my kids use to think they were camping i tried to make it fun. we all slept in one room when it was really cold. you will come through this and a lot stronger. my two children are now 20 and 16 they can not remember much of their childhood only the good times and not when it was tough. you have always the forum for when you are lonely hope this helps in some little way.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived