South Yorkshire Police Strike Again?

DJ Mez

Anyone who's interested in Sheffield's nightlife in general, take a look at this...

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Niche-to-reopen-as-39mainstream.6666093.jp

Who'd have thought it, even though the venue on Charter Row (formerly known as Niche) now has someone new looking to use it as a commercial club (i.e. nothing to do with Niche, not bassline etc), SYP are insisting that the membership scheme imposed on the venue when it was open as Niche remains. Sounds about right. After all, 'historical incidents' occurred there and will of course occur again if a club opens up under a new name playing 'S Club 7' and 'Glee'. We all know how the kids these days like to go out tooled up ready to rave out to a bit of hardcore Glee.

Nice work SYP, nothing like helping our city's nightlife out. It's about time they gave the club operators a break. No wonder we got dropped from the city of culture 2013 when the nightlife is non existent.

Bravo.

I really don't think that Sheffield Police have struck again reallly I think that that particular building will always be associated with incidents to do with Niche ancd the other venues round town they have had previously, and why have a club that no one in the mainstream would dare go to AND

in the shabbiest part of town, cheap rent? any one thats seriously thinking of a new club in Sheffield ( i hasten to add is what it needs) and has an ounce of business sense would not chose there and if it has to be there why???

Mohammed Tanwir was one of the former owners of the venue before it was Vibe/Niche, so I can understand the police's reservations as that venue was pretty dodgy ever since it became Element. I'm surprised the article in the Star doesn't mention this

Archived