High-speed rail line will be 'pleasing to look at'

Have they actually polled everyone to find out if we do really WANT to all be hurtled towards London at the speed of light?

Who on earth doesn't want to get to their destination by train fast, particularly the capital?

Maybe its attitudes like yours which is the reason why the high speed line won't be going through Sheffield.

What I find the most saddening is that back in the 60s Japan had faster trains that we ever will see.

Story here -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/8215103/High-speed-rail-line-will-be-pleasing-to-look-at.html

It's a railway line - it'll look like a railway line. How is that going to be made pleasing to look at? (unless for some reason you like looking at railway lines)

It might be pleasing to look at, although I don't quite see how.

Whether it will be pleasing to listen to is quite another issue.

Who on earth doesn't want to get to their destination by train fast, particularly the capital?

Maybe its attitudes like yours which is the reason why the high speed line won't be going through Sheffield.

What I find the most saddening is that back in the 60s Japan had faster trains that we ever will see.

Obviously you're prepared to remortgage your house to afford a ticket on this new train, the rest of us will continue to use the cheaper option of the car :)

Who on earth doesn't want to get to their destination by train fast, particularly the capital?.

If there were fast, reliable, high-bandwidth broadband connections, almost all business conferences could be held online and very few people would need to whizz about the country at enormous speed.

I would personally rather see the money spent on the currently crumbling infrastructure that's heading for a total meltdown in the near future (if you don't consider what we already have as one).

I would personally rather see the money spent on the currently crumbling infrastructure that's heading for a total meltdown in the near future (if you don't consider what we already have as one).

Exactly! Why spend loads of money on trains to London when small, local railways that could be transporting people to work in their own cities lie disused? Surely more people need to go to their own local cities everyday than need to go to London. It's flaming barking mad!

"Many Conservative MPs and voters in the area of the planned route are opposed to the planned construction, due to begin in 2016"

Surely we'll all have high speed hover boards by then anyway? :confused:

back to the future stylee. waste of time this train planning malarkey.:loopy:

Archived