Cable threatens to bring Government down..

The LibDems do when they pull out of the coalition and leave the Tories in a minority Govt.

So with the lib dems on 9% according to Wednesday1, tell me how many seats you think they would gain at an election, and then tell me why they would want that election ..:loopy::loopy:

A few of you left wing types perhaps should try reading Catch 22

So with the lib dems on 9% according to Wednesday1, tell me how many seats you think they would gain at an election, and then tell me why they would want that election ..:loopy::loopy:

A few of you left wing types perhaps should try reading Catch 22

9% total figues are meaningless. What matters is what is going on in the constituencies where Lib Dems were elected.

The choice the LibDem Mps have is continue and don't take a stand alienating and betraying the principles their constituents elected them on, scuppering their chances of re-election.

Alternatively if they take a stand and say enough is enough, then they retain some credibility with their constituents and increase their chances of re-election.

As for Catch-22, yes it is a good book. the main analogy I can think of is the coalition's Milo Minderbinder approach to the public sector.

9% total figues are meaningless. What matters is what is going on in the constituencies where Lib Dems were elected.

The choice the LibDem Mps have is continue and don't take a stand alienating and betraying the principles their constituents elected them on, scuppering their chances of re-election.

Alternatively if they take a stand and say enough is enough, then they retain some credibility with their constituents and increase their chances of re-election.

As for Catch-22, yes it is a good book. the main analogy I can think of is the coalition's Milo Minderbinder approach to the public sector.

I'm not sure that Nick Clegg and his party ring round the Trotsyites for advice, but if they do be sure to pass that on.

And if (big if) they do go away, what then - more Labour?

Let's hope so.

This cretinous country deserves bankruptcy and they're the best candidates for that task.

I was genuinely gutted when Gordon lost the election. He'd come so far, yet never got to fully complete his ruination of the nation.

Only 36% last time!!! after 13 years out of power, unpoplar govt, leader + credit crunch. Nope looks like they've got problems to me.:)

Nothing like a party in terminal decline though is it. You were wrong obviously. Labour on the other hand has seen a lesser share of the vote election on election since 1997. I see nothing wrong with growing support. I can see how you would see it as something wrong as it means less support for Labour who has slumped to rock bottom.

Then you have the inherent unfair system:

2005 - lab - 35.2% - 355 seats

2010 - con - 36.1% - 306 seats

Archived