Cable threatens to bring Government down..

Telegraph are owned by Barclays. Cable's looking at taxes on banks, such as Barclays. Telegraph do a cheap, unfairly staged sting which harms future MP/constituent trust. Cable gets caught being honest - the government is shoving through ideological reforms too fast with no scrutiny and we DO need a war on Murdoch.

And it all = Cable as pantomime villain?

THIS is why the country's going to hell in a handcart - we're being told what to think by the bank/Fox owned media and WE'RE FALLING FOR IT.

The Telegraph have been after the Coalition since its inception. As attractive as your conspiracy theory is, I think it is more likely that the high Tories find the coalition too left wing.

I'm more interested in the "Daily Telegraph" angle, rather than what Cable said.

After all, "Lib Dem says one thing, means another" is hardly news is it?

However, "Newspaper of the Tory grandees smears prominent Lib Dem"... that is news.

Interesting that the Telegraph chose not to highlight his attack on Murdoch.

Murdoch is trying to buy the remaining 60% of shares that he doesn't own in BskyB.

Vince Cable will make the final decision on whether or not he is allowed to, on New Years Eve (i think).

That will be an interesting call for him to make.

That's if he is still in the job. BBC news is suggesting he might not be.

It had nothing about those remarks this morning. They were leaked to Robert Peston.

No, I meant you're right, it is interesting.

Why did they not publish and then do so?

Maybe because the article touches on themselves in a business sense, it needed to get referred to a higher authority. But it's only a guess.

No, I meant you're right, it is interesting.

Why did they not publish and then do so?

Maybe because the article touches on themselves in a business sense, it needed to get referred to a higher authority. But it's only a guess.

Or that on the issue of Murdoch The Telegraph agreed with his sentiments.

I'd gain no pleasure from seeing him sacked due to the machinations of either the Telegraph or News International.

Archived