Cable threatens to bring Government down..

I thought him to be very clever, he now appears to consider himself indispensable to the coalition. This is one of Nick Clegg's senior moments, he has to sack him, Cameron has to keep his nose out. If he dropped dead would that bring the government down, I very much doubt it?

I thought him to be very clever, he now appears to consider himself indispensable to the coalition. This is one of Nick Clegg's senior moments, he has to sack him, Cameron has to keep his nose out. If he dropped dead would that bring the government down, I very much doubt it?

A Libdem activist interviewed on BBC just now said that Cable's remarks might make him more popular to the Libdem rank and file. It shows him as fighting his corner in cabinet and not having sold out his principles.

Really odd that he had to big himself up to a couple of strangers though. They hadn't even asked him about Murdoch yet he went out of his way to describe himself as being at war against him.

Sad error of judgement from him.

Maybe the Dirty Digger has bought shares in the Telegraph!

Difficuilt to understand what the Telegraph is trying to achieve by undermining Cable in this way.:huh:

But acting as they have, the reporters posing as constituents damages politics because politicians will learn to be more guarded when dealing with the public and will add to the public's perceptions that they are out of touch.

Maybe the Dirty Digger has bought shares in the Telegraph!

Difficuilt to understand what the Telegraph is trying to achieve by undermining Cable in this way.:huh:

But acting as they have, the reporters posing as constituents damages politics because politicians will learn to be more guarded when dealing with the public and will add to the public's perceptions that they are out of touch.

The telegraph is amongst those opposing Murdock’s takeover, so on hearing that Cable is broadly in agreement with them, they failed to report it as it suited their needs.

It’s odd how the likes of the telegraph despise Murdock for his underhand tactics and misinformation but are willing to stoop just as low to achieve their own aims.

Telegraph are owned by Barclays. Cable's looking at taxes on banks, such as Barclays. Telegraph do a cheap, unfairly staged sting which harms future MP/constituent trust. Cable gets caught being honest - the government is shoving through ideological reforms too fast with no scrutiny and we DO need a war on Murdoch.

And it all = Cable as pantomime villain?

THIS is why the country's going to hell in a handcart - we're being told what to think by the bank/Fox owned media and WE'RE FALLING FOR IT.

Well. Some of us are.:huh:

The telegraph is amongst those opposing Murdock’s takeover, so on hearing that Cable is broadly in agreement with them, they failed to report it as it suited their needs.

It’s odd how the likes of the telegraph despise Murdock for his underhand tactics and misinformation but are willing to stoop just as low to achieve their own aims.

Thats the UK media for you.

I used to say when labour were in power , the country was run by Mandelson and the media.

I think the decision about the BskyB take-over was made during Murdoch's back door visit to Cameron in the week after the election, and the referral to Ofcom etc. is just window dressing for decency's sake.

Now it's out of Cable's hands it's even more of a foregone conclusion that Murdoch will have his way.

But....does anyone really care ?

Thats the UK media for you.

I used to say when labour were in power , the country was run by Mandelson and the media.

Now the ConDems are in power and the country really is being run by Murdoch, even more so now that Cable has put his foot in it.

Archived