Cable threatens to bring Government down..

Wow. That high. So what you are saying is in elections the Conservatives have won they polled over 40%, but in the ones they didn't they polled less. I'm not sure whether that actually constitutes a trend.

It's saying their support seem's to be in terminal decline. This time around despite the effects of the credit crunch and an unpopular Labour leader they still only managed 36%.

It's saying their support seem's to be in terminal decline. This time around despite the effects of the credit crunch and an unpopular Labour leader they still only managed 36%.

Oh right. I hadn't picked up on your biased logic. So when Labour's support declined from 43% in 2001 to 36% in 2005 and then to 29% in 2010 would that be terminal decine as well? Oh but hang on a minute, because over that same period the terminal decline of the Tories that you talk about actually involved their vote increasing.

So a decline on the Tory vote involes it going up, but a when Labour vote is dropping they are on the up. Have I got it right?

Oh right. I hadn't picked up on your biased logic. So when Labour's support declined from 43% in 2001 to 36% in 2005 and then to 29% in 2010 would that be terminal decine as well? Oh but hang on a minute, because over that same period the terminal decline of the Tories that you talk about actually involved their vote increasing.

So a decline on the Tory vote involes it going up, but a when Labour vote is dropping they are on the up. Have I got it right?

Wednesday is using similar logic to yours. You seem to believe that the government is strengthened by becoming less popular. He seems to believe that less is more for one side, but more is less for the other.

I do hope that you enjoy talking to each other:roll:

Wednesday is using similar logic to yours. You seem to believe that the government is strengthened by becoming less popular. He seems to believe that less is more for one side, but more is less for the other.

I do hope that you enjoy talking to each other:roll:

No I'm believing that the Tories are strengthened by the Lib/Dems becoming less popular. Wednesday is claiming that the Tories are in decline when their vote increases election by election in proportion to Labour's vote. I haven't got a clue what your logic is.

No I'm believing that the Tories are strengthened by the Lib/Dems becoming less popular. .

Really?

So, when you said...

So its ironic that the left leaning agitators on here have their knives into the Lib/Dems, because the deeper the wounds the more likely the coalition will hold together.

You didn't mean it?

(Psst. The Coalition are the Government)

Really?

So, when you said...

You didn't mean it?

(Psst. The Coalition are the Government)

I fully meant it. I believe that by attacking the Lib/Dems they are less likely to break the coalition and face electoral suicide. Political parties tend to favour having early elections if they feel they will gain extra advantage.. I'm sorry if you find the concept too difficult to take on board.

And besides that. The Lib/Dems when they make gains tend to take seats from the Tories rather than Labour. So a decilne in the Lib/Dem vote will favour the Tories.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/blog/2010/dec/21/vince-cable-telegraph-sting-michael-white

Here is The guardians view.

I must say The Telegraph seems to have stooped pretty low to send women undercover to Cables' MPs surgery. Surely there is such thing as data protection and confidentiality.

I guess the bankers are out to get him as he is so outspoken against them.He often voices his opinion about the banks and most of the Public agree with what he says, its just that they have to have a scapegoat and it is better for the powers that be to go for his head rather than any one else.

A very complicated plot. You couldnt make it up.

I fully meant it. I believe that by attacking the Lib/Dems they are less likely to break the coalition and face electoral suicide.

So, you seem to be arguing that the Government gets stronger as it becomes less popular. Which is what I claimed up there ^^^

Time will tell, but I think that you will see some backbench Lib Dems breaking rank pretty soon to save their own political skins.

So, you seem to be arguing that the Government gets stronger as it becomes less popular. Which is what I claimed up there ^^^

Time will tell, but I think that you will see some backbench Lib Dems breaking rank pretty soon to save their own political skins.

No what I am saying is the coalition gets stronger as the Lib/Dems get weaker. It isn't exactly rocket science. Just put yourself in Cleggs place and answer the following question.

You are in a coalition government wondering if you should break that coalition and force a general election. Which of the 2 is most likely to get you to go to the country.

A...Hey Nick the opinion polls have us 10 points above what we polled in May and we could gain 20 seats if the election came now.

B.. Hey Nick. The polls have us 10 points down on what we polled in May, and we stand to lose 20 seats including yours if we go to the polls.

A simple A or B answer will do just fine.

Archived