Shooting and Gun Clubs in South Yorkshire?

Does anyone know of any gun/shooting clubs in Sheffield and the surrounding area?

I'm aware of the one near Glossop (the Boar is it?) and one near Bradfield, are there any others? We currently go to one in Bradford but wouldn't mind visiting a few around here.

We don't have our own guns or licence but have been doing it for a few months now so would need a place where they can lend you the stuff.

Thanks for any help

I live in sheffield but go here:

http://www.pinewoodsg.co.uk/

Very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. They have a nice warm brick built club house with a cafe inside. You can hire guns and buy cartridges and the trappers are a good laugh to.

They have lots to go at so you can always got on somewhere. They have a double DTL which is mental!

Oh and you get a cup of tea on the house if you shoot a perfect round on compact aparently. I found out after missing number 47 of 50 to give me 49/50 the last time I was there (bloody typical!) lol

I live in sheffield but go here:

http://www.pinewoodsg.co.uk/

Very friendly, relaxed atmosphere. They have a nice warm brick built club house with a cafe inside. You can hire guns and buy cartridges and the trappers are a good laugh to.

They have lots to go at so you can always got on somewhere. They have a double DTL which is mental!

Oh and you get a cup of tea on the house if you shoot a perfect round on compact aparently. I found out after missing number 47 of 50 to give me 49/50 the last time I was there (bloody typical!) lol

Thanks, looks good there. Do you know how much it costs to buy cartridges and hire guns?

there is a place nr newark where you can field target shoot /hire kit and also fish if you at it. not sure of anywhere else in sheffield, let me know if you find anything as i am interested if there is cheers

We go to York Gate Gun Club which is near Leeds Bradford Airport. There's also one at Glossop called the Boar where you can hire kit and get a sandwich tea/coffee etc

Also there's one at Foxhouse but don't know much about that one

• 3 months later...

Hey, if you are still interested in shooting we have a Charity Clay Shoot event on Saturday 16 April at Sandbeck Park near Maltby, raising funds for the childrens charity SAFE@LAST!

For more information check out the WEEKEND@LAST website and FACEBOOK Thanks!

Archived