Liquid Steel 4th Birthday w/ Sticky & Mistamen @ The Harley 14/1/2011

levitate_me

Friday 14th January @ The HARLEY, Sheffield

LIQUID_STEEL_SESSIONS - 4TH BIRTHDAY PART 1

To celebrate our 4th Birthday this January, we're planning two very special events to warm up the frosty start to 2011. Joining us in the festivities for the first of this very special double header is one of our favourite bookings from 2010 – Sticky.

Credited with producing Ms Dynamite's breakthrough anthem 'Boo!’ STICKY also cemented his place in UKG folklore with Triplets Parts I through III. Since releasing the Jumeirah Riddim last year and again linking up with Ms Dynamite for 'Bad Gyal', STICKY is firmly back on the underground's radar and finding favour with a whole new generation alongside the Garage heads from back in the day. Sticky's more recent collaboration with Wayne Brown 'Jack it Up' has been getting a serious battering in our recent shows and with a strong love of Garage sounds coming back in the past year this one is bound to be a winner.

MISTA MEN

A more than worthy support act for Sticky is the Garage – House infused sound of MISTA MEN. DJ Mella Dee, 1 part of the Doncaster trio comes hard with 2-step influenced House riddims including the Mistamen's own productions. After last month's release 'What U Do To Me' under the Greenmoney label, the boys have been busy on remix duties and brand new forthcoming material for 2011. Once again, the unifying aspect of Garage as found in Sticky's new productions has been a big thing over the last 12 months. If Mella Dee's interview and Mix for Bass music blog Sonic Router is anything to go by – long may it continue.

MATTY GARBER

Completing a triple threat of wickedness is Liquid Steel’s favourite party DJ, MATTY GARBER. In many ways this guy joins the dots between the sounds we’ve been pushing over the last 4 years and tore it up at some of our earliest nights. Always queuing up banger after banger you can always expect to hear some absolute classic anthems from the likes of Toots & Stevie as well as the latest cut-ups and mash-ups crossing over Hip-Hop and Dancehall. This selector is a true crowd pleaser!

Support from the LSS Residents REUBEN G, FRENZY D, AUTOGRAFF, SHORTY & MC SKATTA

FACEBOOK EVENT

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183749831637342

Event Info:

£4 All night || 10.00 - 4.00 || Harley: 334 Glossop Road, Sheffield, S10 2HW

• 2 weeks later...

This Friday People!

We'll be running a competition to win entry to this event, just click attending on the facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183749831637342

To non facebookers just send me a message and I'll give you details to enter the comp!

Remember to bring a few extra pennies to grab tickets for Part 2 on the 28th January

Archived