I'm happier with fewer possessions!

I've totally de-cluttered my life, either give away or sold nearly more than half of all my possessions, I've even cut off contact from people whom i feel are nothing but trouble, whether they be family or not, I've just give away my last Rockport hooded top I hardly ever wore to some alcoholic dude with a loadsa bags near Cathedral, it feels like I've had a massive tumour removed and I can start life properly all over again.

I now feel free and happier with much fewer possessions, I can breathe and now start to focus on what is really important in life, which is fun, education, enlightenment, sex, travel, helping true friends and good health. It is experiences that life is worth living for, not possessions

So my question is has anyone else considered or even done a total breakaway from consumerism? if so how has this made you into the person you are today, or if not, has it ever crossed your mind that a happy life is a simple life!?

Your thoughts, criticism, hippy bashing and general cynicism welcomed....

Is sex that important??

On the downside some fat smelly guy squashes in next to you and wants to tell you about his flatulence problem, it takes you three times as long to get home and you have to walk the last half mile.

If not having possessions is like using public transport then I'll stick with the having.

Is there a problem with large people where you feel the need to avoid public transport.

Eh? It was an example of the many reasons why public transport is less pleasant than private transport. Didn't you understand that?

Oh i c. Public transport is less pleasant because of some fat annoying people.

Does anyone actually care about that nonsense. I buy a car after identifying how many seats I want, whether the roof comes off, which end is driven and what a bunch of group tests say about how it drives (and after a test drive). I don't really care what they say in an advert on channel four.

Some of the posts would suggest that you're skis should have been passed along due to lack of use, and that buying a car at all is an exercise in consumerism.

Not being surrounded by clutter is good, but that doesn't have to mean not owning anything!

exactly! but then you have to know your limit, and when something becomes meaningless, for example i used to have 100's of DVD's and games, but then realised how many of those were pointless owning due to me never going to play or watch again.

Archived