Help with a cv.

Keep it simple. Use a plain font, Arial or Times New Roman.

Put your details in at the top with address and phone number, next list your qualifications, then list your jobs starting with the most recent working back in chronological order. Bold the headings with job titles, dates and company then list your duties and responsibilities under the heading using bullet points, keeping it concise and to the point.

Is that to basic or was there something in particular you wanted to know?

Here's how i reccomend doing it

Name

Phonenumber/email address

Keyskills (list 4 or 5 that are relevant to the job)

Work history Firm, job title, brief description of what the firm does, then 4 or 5 bullet points on your role/responsibilities, achievements

Qualifications

Other relevant info (driving licence, hobbies etc)

Try to keep the whole thing to a max of two pages, 3 at the very most!

The best tip is to tailor your cv to each job you apply for. there is nothing worse than a generic CV!

Keep it simple. Use a plain font, Arial or Times New Roman.

Put your details in at the top with address and phone number, next list your qualifications, then list your jobs starting with the most recent working back in chronological order. Bold the headings with job titles, dates and company then list your duties and responsibilities under the heading using bullet points, keeping it concise and to the point.

Is that to basic or was there something in particular you wanted to know?

Good advice, keeping it simple and precise is a must.

Here's how i reccomend doing it

Name

Phonenumber/email address

Keyskills (list 4 or 5 that are relevant to the job)

Work history Firm, job title, brief description of what the firm does, then 4 or 5 bullet points on your role/responsibilities, achievements

Qualifications

Other relevant info (driving licence, hobbies etc)

Try to keep the whole thing to a max of two pages, 3 at the very most!

The best tip is to tailor your cv to each job you apply for. there is nothing worse than a generic CV!

Agree with this. You have to give your name at the top, or they won't know which CV is yours.

You then have to make clear exactly why anyone wants you for this job. Tell them your key skills. NB: "key" as in "relevant to job applied for", not as "key to my biographer". They may not even read past this section, unless you get that right. Hint: the job spec will tell you what skills they want. I do mine as bullet points And always add one about your personal qualities.

Then onto the job history. Don't make them wade through loads of stuff not relevant to the job applied for. Customise the CV for each role.

I used to do the recruitment for a company I worked for.

With about 7 cv being submitted every 10 minutes every time a new position was advertised, I just read the headlines.

if there was nothing relevent, they got a 'thanks but......' email.

I would suggest tailoring your CV for the position you are applying for.

Archived