Causality and positivity

It would make me feel a little better if I knew that it was personally intended by the person saying it. When it's an institutional thing and I know that the person wishing me a good day is doing so simply because it's on their script and they'll be hauled up on a disciplinary if they are caught not wishing people a good day then it's just annoying.

Isn't it just - especially when it's all run together so it sounds like one word!

I'm not long back from Australia and found it extremely disconcerting that a lot of shop assistants greet customers with, "How are you today?" I was totally flummoxed about what my response should be! :hihi:

Isn't it just - especially when it's all run together so it sounds like one word!

I'm not long back from Australia and found it extremely disconcerting that a lot of shop assistants greet customers with, "How are you today?" I was totally flummoxed about what my response should be! :hihi:

I think etiquette demands the polite response would be to overlook the intrusive question, because Australians are well known for their frankness. And answer it straight so thank them for their question and then proceed to explain your latest medical or social problems without embarassment?

Ps I hope you have a good day :)

OK, instead of the "have a good day", just for me, within the next day or so tell somebody something positive, "oh you look nice", "thankyou", "well done", but only say for the right reasons...

Someone said to me the other day (in a forum), I bet you whistle a lot, and I do! I find it positive and gets a good mood going, I especially enjoy whistling catchy snippets on the bus, spread the joy!

Archived