Your Perfect Christmas

• 10 months later...

The BEST for me would have to include my grandparents who now have unfortunetly passed away :(

I remember one year they brought AN UNREAL AMOUNT OF PRESENTS!! (It was more than i had ever seen in my life)

Also having christmas music on FROM THAT TIME and earlier..... (I dont like very much of the christmas music today,its all a joke it seems and has no taste)

My favourites are Johnny Mathis (Actually he IS my all time fav christmas singer (All others just seem to suck)) And im talking older christmas stuff from him.... (80s and earlier)

Another thing would be having those BEAUTIFUL BIG COLOURED LIGHTS ON THE TREE LIKE WE DID IN THE 70s and 80s!!!

Now my mom/dad use all tiny white lights (They like them better for some reason) AND ITS DISGUSTING... I dont think much of christmas anymore.. (Not just due to that but anyway)

Whenever possible Christmases with us are spent in another country, usually the canaries. Nice being on a 24'C beach having a BBQ and a few tins avoiding the bleak dark drudgery :)

Going to be hard for my wife tho, 1st christmas without her younger down-syndrome sister, who died from meningitis earlier this year :|

Mine is fairly impossible. I'd like all my loved ones to sit round a table and have christmas together. As it is, I have to do two and often three trips around to see everyone and I can only have dinner once :( Can't even have a christmas tipple until i've finished driving here there and everywhere.

Also would be nice if both my deceased grandparents could join us for the day. Its strange without them.

This year will be the first without a whole generation of our family (all of my grandparents died within a very short time of each other) so a whole lot of what we have always done as a family (picking up, ferrying around, going to see etc) will be missing, which I think will make the day very strange.

A quiet day with nobody ill or in pain would suit me I think.

Archived