Your Perfect Christmas

Going to be hard for my wife tho, 1st christmas without her younger down-syndrome sister, who died from meningitis earlier this year :|
Same here.

Brother in law very prematurely taken away from us this summer, in an industrial accident.

Wife and Mother in Law are still in complete bits, so I can't say I'm looking forward to Xmas this year, much as I'd like or want to. Not going to be easy with his kids, and his fiancée and her kids, either.

I know we'll make the most for our little one, and I at least can look forward to my parents coming over from France, but still...

A perfect Christmas? Could have been possible. But I don't think it will ever happen now... :(

This Christmas will be the 3rd year I am spending it just with my OH. I have loved the last 2 years which starts with breakfast and then presents and watching a Christmas film. Will pop over to see my brother/sis in law and the kids (as we did last year) for an hour before coming home and cooking dinner together. Then its an afternoon/evening of food, watching films and having a few drinks.

Well that's me well and truly off my smug horse. My perfect Christmas didn't include my beloved Aunty being diagnosed with breast cancer three days before the big day.

Oh I remember this thread-and I'm glad to say what a difference a year makes. I remember how sad I was last Christmas but after extensive and difficult treatment my Aunty is now in remission and we and our families are all set to celebrate Andy and mine's first (and only!) Christmas as an engaged couple. This time next year we will be preparing for our first married Christmas, and I will have a HUSBAND (I still cannot believe this-even though it is an obvious consequence of having a wedding :hihi: )

I cannot believe how different I feel this year. :) Merry Christmas to you all!!!!! :partyhat:

Oh I remember this thread-and I'm glad to say what a difference a year makes. I remember how sad I was last Christmas but after extensive and difficult treatment my Aunty is now in remission and we and our families are all set to celebrate Andy and mine's first (and only!) Christmas as an engaged couple. This time next year we will be preparing for our first married Christmas, and I will have a HUSBAND (I still cannot believe this-even though it is an obvious consequence of having a wedding :hihi: )

I cannot believe how different I feel this year. :) Merry Christmas to you all!!!!! :partyhat:

Congrats LittleMermaid and glad your aunty is better

We will have a fantastic Christmas in our new house am so excited to move in and we are having my nana to stay over christmas am really excited about that

Next year we are getting married in December so christmas 2012 will be our first as a married couple

Thank you so much Little Boots :) And congratulations to you too-a Christmas wedding! Very nice, especially if you get a beautiful bright day like today! Next year will probably be your best Xmas yet!!

thank you LittleMermaid hope yours is a very lovely wedding and have a very happy Christmas best wishes xxx

Morning prayers, a cold shower, a glass of water, an afternoon of self flagellation and a supper of cold sprout kebabs.

I'll be doing much the same this year as well, although I may add some random Tourette's behaviour as the night draws on.

Bum!

Archived