Advice about a mondeo's back box exhaust

The back box had fallen off my mums car a mondeo 03 plate, 2.0 engine, it had snapped right next to the box, She rang dexel and they said £65, After taking it today and being there nearly 3 hours they have charged her £245, They said that the back box needed replacing ( which we knew) but that the next pipe along needed replacing which meant it all did as the last 2 parts have to be bought together, I think this is a load of rubbish and they have just taken the mick out of a woman on her own, The back box was snapped but the new one would have come with the pipe on which was snapped so they could have just slipped that into the old existing pipe, What do people on here think? If people agree im ringing them tomorrow because not only is it vile to rob un knowing women because there alone but to do it to her 4 days before christmas!

Just asked a couple of friends ( one is a mechanic) and im right they have ripped her off, So ive emailed the head quarters and tomorrow im ringing the branch, And another thing i thought of was my mum called the AA out when it happened and they helped her so it will be on file with them that it just needed a new back box not a whole exhaust, I hate people ripping her off, Since my dad died she struggles for money as it is and needs the car for my disabled nan, the £245 has had to go on a visa card aswell, Rotten gits , I wont let this drop lol im like a dog with a bone when something happens to my mother!!

Rang them up today, they seemed very prepared! They are lying and taking the mick but there's not much i can do about it because as they said they did ask my mum if she wanted the work doing before they did anything, But I'm afraid its still not fair, My mum was stressed and tired, my nan was ill and is now in hospital, they made my mum think that it needed all the exhaust when in fact it didn't, They have just abused a woman who knew no better due to lack of experience, So Dexel Tyres i hope you enjoy my mothers money because its the last time her or anyone i know will use you!

Archived