A meet up of darnall people

craig12

after seeing a lot of posts about darnall people on here , i wondered if anyone fancied meeting up as ex darnall people for a chit chat or chin wag , in a pub or something , no pressure just a laugh and general reminis? about darnall that was.....if no replys , thanks for looking .. regards craig

Any age group at all.I'm a similar age to you,and I've been to a couple of meetings at DWB.The younger people who have only known Darnall in its present state were fascinated to hear what it used to be like.I agree with you completely about the old community spirit.

Get in touch with Lucy at the email address above and let's see if we can have a big attendance at the next meeting.I'll post the date and time on here when it's decided.Any old photos that we could copy would be great.

What age group are you looking for, as we all have different tales to tell. I was born there in 1951 & lived there until 1973 - Great community spirit there, the neighbours all helped each other. Paul
i was born in darnall.1950.and stayed there whilst 1976.before going on the manor.it felt like heaven to have a bath room instead of a tin bath infront of the fire.briliant times in darnall.everyone new each other,and helped each other.K/H.

was born in 63 and was about 15 when in remember darnall, as a guide to what was around at the time, it was a time when the club trips were in full swing, darnall medical aid with ernest morley, the shops were, musgroves,lakins, cyril and gerts cafe,yeomans, seargents,carousel cafe, lomases chip shop, the wet fish shop, antony mays, plumbing shop, john raynards hairdressers, allens cycles, blaskeys, the meadow pub, the industry pub, bates wine shop on the corner, oris the man with no voice, market tom who slept in the darnall libs, pigeon flying at the bradley well, ernest pickering, the boats in high hazels park with the pedals as padels, the bus station where the b and q now stands............ahhh 1978

Archived