Dear Forum..I need help from women please

You are doing nothing wrong at all.

Go to a shop Marks or debenhams offer a measuring service and they may recommend a bra style or type to suit you, they will also advise if your chosen bra fits correctly and show you how to adjust them properly.

Good luck and dont be embarassed.

I have a range of sizes but they all fit. 34D, 34DD and 36E included (work that one out!).

Next do some nice ones that you can try in store but generally they dont offer a measuring service that I know of. take a range of sizes that look like they may be about right.

Good Luck.

Some men just don't understand what goes on in the mysterious world of ladies underpinnings... Have you seen the Father Ted Christmas special ;)

It's probably best not to mention it to him to be honest - his daughter will know better than we do. :)

Not understanding and going mad about having an item of clothing fitted are a little different.

If you can't face somewhere busy like M&S or Debenhams, then go to Perfect Fit on Woodseats. It's a small shops, and their staff are excellent, very professional and knowledgable. Definitely not an embarrassing experience! :)

Like others have said, you don't have to get naked to have a fitting, they'll give you a bra in a size they think you are, then leave the cubicle while you put it on. Then they come in (when you are ready) and see if it's right, if not, they'll adjust it, or get you a different size or style until you find one that fits and that you like.

Push up bras can make your boobs look odd! Rather than a push up, look for something lightly padded at first, rather than a wonderbra-type of thing. You can always invest a a pair of "chicken fillets" when you find a bra that fits - get the basic sorted first! Good luck :)

Another thumbs up and recommendation for perfect fit from me. She could just tell from looking at me what size I should be and I had been wearing bras 2 sizes too big and a cup size too small.

Thank you for all the replies. the reason my Dad would go mad is because i still live at home with him as im at college. he doesn't really like me having friends and boys are a deffinate no. i have to be careful what clothes i buy or he throws them away if he thinks they flatter me as he says. it will attract the wrong people. if i go shopping he sits and waits for me in the car which is one reason why i cant get measured. he'd want to know why i was so long.

my friends are more the talk to msn when im bored friends than close friends which is why i cant ask them. i'm embarrased because recently a shop assistant told me i shouldnt be trying lots of bras on because other custumers wouldnt want to buy them.

Your Dad really shouldn't be treating you like that, but that's another subject.

The shop assistant who spoke to you was probably having a bad day and didn't want to put back all the unwanted clothing! Most women will take more than one bra in to the changing rooms. If you don't want to walk through the shop openly with them, pick up a t shirt or jumper and just hold the bras behind it until you get into the changing rooms.

My pet hate is when they fasten bra and knicker sets together so that you can't try the bras on.

You really don't need to worry about people looking at you. If someone is paying more attention to the way you look than your personality then they aren't worth your time. If it's random people on the street you are worried about then remember that you probably won't ever see them again.

Getting measured really is the way to go if you can manage it, if not don't be afraid to take a few different sizes in to the changing rooms with you.

Thank you for all the replies. the reason my Dad would go mad is because i still live at home with him as im at college. he doesn't really like me having friends and boys are a deffinate no. i have to be careful what clothes i buy or he throws them away if he thinks they flatter me as he says. it will attract the wrong people. if i go shopping he sits and waits for me in the car which is one reason why i cant get measured. he'd want to know why i was so long.

my friends are more the talk to msn when im bored friends than close friends which is why i cant ask them. i'm embarrased because recently a shop assistant told me i shouldnt be trying lots of bras on because other custumers wouldnt want to buy them.

A bra that fits you is a just a requirement to be comfortable though. If he thinks it's something sexual then he's got a bit of a problem.

You're 17, it's probably time that you made your dad realise that, he's supposed to help you grow up, not try to stop you growing up.

why would your dad go mad for having a bra fitting...you are 17

I was a bra fitter for M&S for many years .... to measure yourself

measure underneath your breast first...if you get an even number add 4 if an odd number add 5 IE if you measure 32 it would be 36 inch band size

if youmeasure 33 your band size would be 38

to get your cup size....measure round the fullest part of your breast

if its the same as underneath then that is an A cup, one inch bigger = B cup 2 inch= a C cup etc

if you measure a 36aa...you could go down a band to 34 but up a cup to an A

hope this helps

but do try and go get measured properly there really is no substitute for a good fitting bra

good luck

Sorry to say this, but if your father is that possessive he needs help and you need to get away from him as soon as you can.

i'm embarrased because recently a shop assistant told me i shouldnt be trying lots of bras on because other custumers wouldnt want to buy them.

That shop assistant who told you that, is a total prat, sweetie.... what the heck does s/he think the flippin' changing rooms are for, in clothes and lingerie shops?

The only thing that is a bit squicky about someone else trying underwear on in a shop is if THEY hadn't kept their own knickers on, when trying the shop's knickers or swimwear on. (but saying that, the changing cubicles usually

a) have signs warning you to try knickers on over your own knickers, and

b) the knickers/ swimwear often has a protective plastic strip over the gusset to protect the clothes from getting grubby.)

Archived